Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Let's Fight Alopecia (And Win)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 7:50pm
Very important topic, so thanks for posting OP...I agree with visiting a derm regarding hair lost and have the necessary tests and biopsies done so that you know what your dealing with to help with making an informed decision regarding treatment options. There are varying forms of alopecia and many who think they have traction alopecia are experiencing other forms of the disorder that may have been exacerbated by styling choices such as braids, weaves etc but they may not be the sole culprit.
Sponsored Links

kimmie1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2012 at 4:52pm
I've been diagnosed with traction alopecia like 2 weeks ago I think me loosing my hair has been such a life changing experience for me , probably because I got diagonosed right around junior prom time so I didn't even get a chance to go :( well anyways my doctor has me taking 2 biotin pills everyday and I drink lots of water I also started going to the gym and change my diet up a little and I'm starting to see some hair growth! But I'm definitely going to try the things you ladies suggested thanks so much for making this thread!! (:
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 2:27am
Clap Kimmie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 11:39am
Thank you lite brite Smile 
shoefreakbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoefreakbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 3:59pm
Thanks to this thread I went and got my shot for my trachea alopecia.
She gave me a prescription for flucinonide and minoxidil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2012 at 11:21pm
Good luck let me how things go with the creams (:
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2012 at 6:55am
Ladies sometimes we are stressed and do not even realize it. For this reason it is important to pay attention to what you are feeling, instead of using people or things to mask those feelings.

Take some daily time to meditate, to think in quiet, and listen to yourself breath. This is a time to regroup and get your thoughts together. Find you a quiet place to meditate and breath. Doing this daily will help to release some stress.

Many times stress is the main issue with many female hair problems.

Edited by Veemack - May 16 2012 at 4:41am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2012 at 12:42am
I think we all probably get so stressed about growing our hair we forget to just relax so thank you veemack for the advice I'm definitely going to start relaxing

Edited by kimmie1217 - May 16 2012 at 12:44am
cocoadiva33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoadiva33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 6:55am
I just recently found a bald patch in my head about the size of a quarter. I also just recently went natural. I'm not sure if the hair loss came from me losing so much hair when I would wash it when I was transitioning to go natural or if its because of stress. I'm thinking about going to see a dermatologist, but I want to try some natural methods to stimulate hair growth and change my dietary habits first and see if that makes a difference.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by cocoadiva33 cocoadiva33 wrote:

I just recently found a bald patch in my head about the size of a quarter. I also just recently went natural. I'm not sure if the hair loss came from me losing so much hair when I would wash it when I was transitioning to go natural or if its because of stress. I'm thinking about going to see a dermatologist, but I want to try some natural methods to stimulate hair growth and change my dietary habits first and see if that makes a difference.
Try this challenge for 30 days.http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/oiling-your-scalp-daily-challenge-2012_topic337403_page1.html

Pay close attention to your scalp, if no improvement go to your dermatologist asap. Keep in mind one bald spot does not mean permanent hair loss. Blessings!!!!!!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic