Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Leonardo DiCaprio to retire indefinitely...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leonardo DiCaprio to retire indefinitely...
    Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:18pm
from acting...

Leonardo DiCaprio: I'm Taking a "Long, Long Break" From Movies

by Josh Grossberg Today 8:14 AM PST

• Leonardo DiCaprio Sara De Boer/startraksphoto.com

Leonardo DiCaprio is eyeing a much-needed breather from the big screen.

The A-list actor announced to a German media outlet that he's taking a significant sabbatical from acting to live life a little bit and focus on his environmental activism.

"I am a bit drained," the 38-year-old DiCaprio told Germany's Bild newspaper (via AFP). "I'm now going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out."

Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire and friends cheer on the Lakers

Video Thumbnail: Gwyneth Paltrows New TattooGwyneth Paltrow’s New Tattoo
    Video Thumbnail: Jennifer Lopez Rocks A Teeny BikiniJennifer Lopez Rocks A Teeny Bikini
    Video Thumbnail: Prince Harry Talks Becoming An UnclePrince Harry Talks Becoming An Uncle

The erstwhile Titanic heartthrob has been a busy guy during that period, shooting three back-to-back fims: Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, which just hit theaters to critical acclaim, Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby and his fifth collaboration with Martin Scorsese in the forthcoming The Wolf of Wall Street.

But don't expect DiCaprio to turn into a couch potato. During his time off, the thesp expressed a desire to get back to raising awareness about the threat of global warming, a cause close to his heart (see the 2007 climate change documentary he produced and narrates, The 11th Hour).

"I would like to improve the world a bit," he told the daily. "I will fly around the world doing good for the environment."

Leonardo DiCaprio's $400,000 charity date with Bill Clinton

That also means putting his money where his mouth is.

"My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric," added DiCaprio. "A normal person does not drive more than 31 miles a day. That be done with a plug."

After wrapping The Wolf of Wall Street, Leo is diving into his R&R with gusto, having been spotted soaking up the rays with supermodel Naomi Campbell on a yacht off the coast of Miami on Monday.

Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:21pm
    ...he did films recently?

There's 50 and 60yo's who know that you stay in the game for as long as you can, and thank God people want to see your ish, and stay until they don't want to anymore.

Lol, let him go 'head.  It'll only make it harder to come back.
    ms_wonderland View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (22) Thanks(22)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:33pm
    i don't think it'll be hard for him to come back...his come back will be a big deal.  i'll miss him.  he really is a great actor.  you can see his growth over the years.  ive been wanting to watch The Departed for the 89,848 time lately.
    happy 4b View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote happy 4b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:35pm
    He is 38? Doesn't look it especially for a white man. He is so talented, I don't know why the oscars keep snubbing him. He has put in at least 3 oscar worthy roles.
    eanaj5 View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:37pm
    i think he should pursue being a director or something
    Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:41pm
    Good...
    ms_wonderland View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:43pm
    Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Good...

lol why would you say that?
    creole booty View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:45pm
    Man I think his demand will only grow as he ages. He's extremely talented. He'll b a male Jessica Lange.

(I know I could've used an old male actor, but I really like her right now.)
    sistagal View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:47pm
    Aaaawwww man! I like him WTF?! He's leaving us to the likes of Jack Black?! Noooo Leonardo NooooO!!!
    thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:47pm
    I hope is isnt gone for to long,but he will be missed, guess i'll be replaying all his films until he comes back...
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    Dependable Quality Hair
    Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
      Share Topic