Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Length Check Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:38pm
This is why I've been afraid to go to a salon. I just turned 2 years natural this month and I went and bought a good expensive flat iron. Using the flat iron and straightening brush I only have to go over twice. I don't trust hot combs, they just seem like they're made to burn your hair.

Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Names for the moisture products please. Mind you I have that skrong 4z hair and any tips will help. 

i know the skrong hair you speak of. I have a full head of it myself.
Weekly steaming has done WONDERS for my hair. Along with monthly henna glosses.

To enhance your growth, oil your scalp every other day with olive oil. Your roots need nourishment.

These are my hair 'secrets'
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Coco.. why are you cutting it again? Is it damaged or are you just trying to do something cause youre bored? leave it alone!!

LB I cut mine cos I wanted to start all over and start with the regimens you guys were using here. I got like 30 bottles of eco style gel 15 bottles of evvo, 2 bottles of JBCO, a tub of shea butta, every essential oil God made, cos washed every weeks and haven't used shampoo in a whole year. 

WHAT MI DOING WRONG???
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Names for the moisture products please. Mind you I have that skrong 4z hair and any tips will help. 

i know the skrong hair you speak of. I have a full head of it myself.
Weekly steaming has done WONDERS for my hair. Along with monthly henna glosses.

To enhance your growth, oil your scalp every other day with olive oil. Your roots need nourishment.

These are my hair 'secrets'

Derri what is this steaming invention you speak of?Smile
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

the stylist doesnt know how to use a straightening comb thats why she needed so many passes.  its the back of the comb that straightens the hair not the teeth.  your not suppose to glide it down like you would do a regular comb.

I was waiting for this. Ole girl just didn't know what she was doing.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:51pm
I just saturate all of my strands with my HG conditioner ( Devacare One Condition) then hop under my 'Heutiful' hair
Steamer that my friend gifted me directly from the manufacturer.

There are better ones out there but I was active on youtube and was dying for a Heutiful to see what the
Hype was about. I steam my face and body with it too, and it's great for that as well.

Anyway, the result is deeply conditioned, moisture infused hair.
I seal my cuticles with Porosity Control Conditioner to lock all that moisture in after I rinse out in the shower.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Coco.. why are you cutting it again? Is it damaged or are you just trying to do something cause youre bored? leave it alone!!

cus i pick at it and there are parts that are extra extra short.. and it was already short.. 
the whole point was to start fresh and have it even/healthy.. its not. i need to start fresh again and really be consistent with not picking it out and treating it right. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i thought somethin worse was gonna happen like it burning off like that white girls hair…. 

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

the stylist doesnt know how to use a straightening comb thats why she needed so many passes.  its the back of the comb that straightens the hair not the teeth.  your not suppose to glide it down like you would do a regular comb.

I was waiting for this. Ole girl just didn't know what she was doing.

Hmmmmm.
Thanks for the tip.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:55pm
i stopped going to salons years ago

ive never left a salon chair 100% completely satisfied
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>