BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Legal Nurse Consultant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Legal Nurse Consultant
    Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:35pm
Do any of you do this?  Do you know anyone who does?  I'm having a hard time finding concrete info on this field.  I'd look to know the job prospects, salary, qualifications?  Also, is earning a JD in addition to a BSN a huge plus or just unnecessary? 
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:41pm
idk what that means but I do know a girl who was a nurse and then went to law school...i also know of a few JD/MDs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

idk what that means but I do know a girl who was a nurse and then went to law school...i also know of a few JD/MDs

They consult with litigators in malpractice cases and insurance companies to assess risk & reimbursements for patients.
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:02pm
You just need to be declared an expert in the field, or have a certain amount of experience. None of the one's I've met have ever had a JD, but I'm sure it could be an extra boost, although I don't think it's worth it if you just want to be a legal nurse consultant. We have one on staff and have outsourced some for trials for as much as $250 per hour.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:06pm
I'm sure there is some sort of association for this field...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

You just need to be declared an expert in the field, or have a certain amount of experience. None of the one's I've met have ever had a JD, but I'm sure it could be an extra boost, although I don't think it's worth it if you just want to be a legal nurse consultant. We have one on staff and have outsourced some for trials for as much as $250 per hour.

Oh wow.  I take it you work in litigation? 

I actually love labor & delivery, & luckily (or unluckily) they get a higher rate of suits brought against them than other specialties, so I plan to do that for sometime.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:10pm
found it...

The American Association of Nurse Attorneys (TAANA)
http://www.taana.org/

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

I'm sure there is some sort of association for this field...

There is, but its usually a poor resources in getting objective information because they paint a perfect picture of the profession. 
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:12pm
Yes, I do.

I've seen a few baby cases, but the main work and source of income in our area comes from nursing home abuse or misconduct.

Legal nurse consultant jobs are usually hard to come by, because people usually retire in the field. The woman on staff with us has been with the company 26years. If you're already a nurse, I would suggest getting hired at any position in a law firm that does medical malpractice, even if it's part time, and getting experience. It will make you a much better candidate, since you can learn the medical laws in your state, and you can get a feel for how cases are assessed.

Edited by SimplyPut - May 14 2014 at 4:14pm
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 4:33pm
Uppity...keep us posted on this.

i think the ladies on here would benefit from hearing about these types of careers...

and I wanna know...because it sounds interesting
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style