BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Legal Advice HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
qheenkitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qheenkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

He needs to find a domestic relations/family law attorney. The attorney can file a case on his behalf to petition the court for another DNA test. He doesn't seem pressed about it if he hasn't consulted a family law attorney. Is it a financial issue? There are places that provide free legal services, like legal aide and the civil clinic at most law schools. If he wants something done, he should get an attorney.

That's what the attorney is going to do but for almost $2,000? He can't afford it because of the child support garnishments. See our problem? How can u come up with that much money makingn$150 per week after child support on s kid that's not yours. [:x
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qheenkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

Can't he petition the court to get another DNA test? In my state, if you don't show up for court, you get a bench warrant.

I was thinking this is something we can do on our own but i have no idea how to do this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qheenkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:37am
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

Does he have any emotional connection with the child? I can't imagine taking care of a child for a year, learning the child isn't mine, and then deciding not to have any part in the child's life.

It would hurt the child more to not have that child support or emotional connection with her "father".

Well when she told him she called him over and there was this guy he went to school with who was there. Smh this is the child father. He'd Ben playing daddy to the little girl the whole time. He tried to have a relationship with her but when she started talking she wouldn't call him daddy but the other guy. That's when my brother stopped being in her life.
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:39am
Contact Legal Aid in your county.  Or call the family court in your jurisdiction and ask them to refer you to low or no cost legal representation.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qheenkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

Contact Legal Aid in your county.  Or call the family court in your jurisdiction and ask them to refer you to low or no cost legal representation.  

Why does bhm keep eating my replies??? but Legal aid said they cannot help. He is in Missouri if that helps.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 2:35am
Have you googled it? You may be able to find the documents to be filed and advice on the process online. If you file them yourselves it may not be free, but it won't be $2000. Or you can call the court clerk. They may be able to give you advice to get you headed in the right direction. 

babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 7:04am
This story has too many holes in it.  The brother seems to be some type of helpless wimp.  He had no idea he was being played the whole time?!?  He may as well accept the child if he is that easily controlled.  The next girl is going to do worse.

*I never heard of a walk in DNA clinic.  Have things really come to that?  Sad.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:26am
There are walk in DNA centers all around. Usually call a diagnostic center or a Amy lab test type center.

The same court he went to that ordered child support needs to go back. He needs to petition the court to lower his child support. Tell the caseworker that he wants a DNA test
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:26am
UGHHHH This is the most foul thing on earth a woman can do, lie about the father of her child. I hate that some states in the US still make you pay even if you find out later that you are not the Biological father. In Jamaica there are now legal repercussions if the mother puts the wrong dad (knowingly or otherwise) on the birth certificate. 

I subscribe to the mantra if you dont know who the dad is or if it's the "wrong dad" get an abortion. Man the "jacket" stories I can tell.CryCryCry

babelips i dont think he is a  wimp for still having that emotional attachment at all, it's to be expected and queenk mentioned that he stopped being in her life when she didnt call him dady anymore but called her "bio dad" daddy.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine, he paid a pretty penny for her prenatal care and then she decides to abroad to have the kid (a boatload of cash is spent for that) then comes back and shes moving weird anyway abt 2 yrs later he falls on hard time, lost his job, she stresses him out about maintenance, understandly, takes him to court, they get a court ordered DNA test...the kid isnt hisCryCryCry she claims its a lab error and nuff tomphuckery. He tries to part with the kid but cant but he cuts her off anyway this chick has the nerve to call him cussing saying the kids need diapers, starting school, food etc WTF He has given her money here and there all the same. The last time he saw the kid was a few months ago he said he needed closure but when the kid said supm about some other dad he just gave up.
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:39am
I really think they need to go ahead and do dna tests at birth. Don't go through life with a child not knowing who the father is. Men should protect themselves and ask for a test. I wouldn't be offended. I know who the father is and know I wasn't messing around. Too much trickery going on. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic