FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedLeft over relaxer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
mzdrkgurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left over relaxer
    Posted: Mar 13 2007 at 7:40pm
What do you guys do with your leftover relaxer?  I usually use no lye and just stick it in the freezer.  But I have left over lye relaxer.  Can I stick that in the freezer too or just leave it out?  I would hate to waste it. 
Sponsored Links

famhair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2007 at 8:28pm
hello dear, i don't  know  much about putting relaxers in the freezer, but i will give you my opinion on left-over relaxers.

any relaxer u get and you have to mix it with the activator will only last for 24hrs then it must be discharged. if its not thrown away within this period,the activator in it stops working and may  affect the way ur hair is processed eg not processed at all, can ruin ur hair,uneven process. what u can do is just use half of the relaxer in a bowl and half of the activator. by doing it this way u can still keep the remaining for next time. u don't have to put it in the fridge. i hope i have been helpful. if u wnt more detailed information about relaxers i will be willing to send it to u.
all the best    tutu
mzdrkgurl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2007 at 10:12pm
thanks famhair. 
Lavinia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 3:48am
Yeah, I think no-lye relaxers can't be kept for long at all after being mixed. Its probably why they're shipped un-mixed in the first place.

Im a lye girl. The no-lyes (thanks for nothing Dark and Lovely) are a joke on my hair. They give me crispy strands.

Lye relaxers live just about forever. I asked my old stylist about this and she said she has to buy relaxers in big tubs anyway because she runs a salon. The distributors say they can keep them for as long as 2 years after opening, as long as they're kept in a cool, dark place (no mention of freezers).

I know some ladies add olive oil to their relaxers, which I'm planning to do in September. I think you shouldn't leave that mix for long. I'm only going to mix as much as I need on a particular touch-up with my evoo.
Nichole23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2007 at 4:08pm
I use a No-Lye relaxer (Just for Me) and I throw away the rest of it (what I dont use).  However like someone else said, you can keep Lye relaxer.  You dont have to freeze it. 

Rule: If you had to mix it...you need to throw it away. 
Blue Suede View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2007 at 1:46pm
I use lye relaxer but I've never frozen it.  I do keep it in the refrigerator though.  It doesnt burn as much or as early when its cold or maybe thats just my perception.
zeezee1967 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2007 at 4:11pm
thanks i am so happy someone finally ask that ? i have left over lye relaxer can i keep it in the fridge or will this make it watery and burn my scalp when i use it in 2 months?
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 2:32am

Leave it out and yes it will still be good in 2 months and dont put it in the fridge a dry cool place will be fine

Geminigirl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 12:36pm
I'm guessing lye relaxer isn't for thin/fine hair?
shanky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2007 at 12:05pm
Contrary to popular belief lye relaxers are better for your hair than no lye.  Whenever I use a no lye relaxer my hair looks good for a little while but becomes severly damaged.  As soon as I stopped using no lye and had a professional do a lye relaxer, my hair has grown to my bra strap and healthy but I made the mistake of using a no lye relaxer one more time to save some money and now my hair is brittle, splitting and breaking badly.  If you go to your library check out a book called "Beautiful black Hair" by Shamboosie, the book has great info in it on how to care for our hair and STAY AWAY FROM NO LYE!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic