Extensions Plus

Law, Lawyers and in the Legal Profession

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Ayesha-Ju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayesha-Ju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2007 at 2:44pm
thanks......
Sponsored Links

Kael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 9:27am
Recent grad here, currently clerking for a federal judge for one year. Lawyer life officially begins next year!

Ayesha, the LSAT is a piece of cake. Seriously. Practice makes perfect. Complete a few timed practice exams, know your rules of logic, and you'll do extremely well.

The real beast is the bar exam. Dead I'm waiting on CA results (six more days!!) and preparing for TX (Feb). If all goes well, I'll take either NY or DC in July 2008 --I'm a glutton for punishment. Geek
BlueMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Kael Kael wrote:

Recent grad here, currently clerking for a federal judge for one year. Lawyer life officially begins next year!

Ayesha, the LSAT is a piece of cake. Seriously. Practice makes perfect. Complete a few timed practice exams, know your rules of logic, and you'll do extremely well.

The real beast is the bar exam. Dead I'm waiting on CA results (six more days!!) and preparing for TX (Feb). If all goes well, I'll take either NY or DC in July 2008 --I'm a glutton for punishment. Geek

Congrats Kael!  I know you blew that CA bar exam away!  Before you took the CA exam, were you able to take CA specific BarBri prep in Texas?  Or did you have to go out to CA for prep?  (I am in school in Texas and plan on taking the NY bar when I graduate in 2009). 

Did you take the PMBR course?  If so, did you find it very helpful?  I understand that they were bought out by Kaplan, so I'm not sure if they still provide those practice questions that are extremely similar to actual bar multistate questions.
Kael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2007 at 11:27am
Originally posted by duoo duoo wrote:

Congrats Kael!  I know you blew that CA bar exam away!  Before you took the CA exam, were you able to take CA specific BarBri prep in Texas?  Or did you have to go out to CA for prep?  (I am in school in Texas and plan on taking the NY bar when I graduate in 2009). 

Did you take the PMBR course?  If so, did you find it very helpful?  I understand that they were bought out by Kaplan, so I'm not sure if they still provide those practice questions that are extremely similar to actual bar multistate questions.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words! You can get CA specific BarBri prep in Texas. I had a few friends who did that for CA bar prep, and NY, too. However, I didn't take a Barbri course. I prefer reading and studying on my own instead of sitting in a class, where I can avoid the latter. Hopefully that wasn't a poor choice --I'll know in a few days.

From what I've heard, though, Barbri is the way to go and PMBR is a great supplement. I did take a 5-day PMBR course, and it was very helpful because they give you information about the most frequently tested fact patterns and topics, common distractors, etc --which made for more efficient studying. However, I think one could just buy the books from ebay (that's what I did for the rest of my studies --purchased Barbri books) and study diligently on their own, too.

So how are you enjoying law school?? Those 3 years flew by for me, unbelievably fast!
BlueMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2007 at 4:20pm
Law school has been ok.  I agree, the time does fly by quickly.  I am looking forward to graduating so that I can finally start working.
FoxyDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FoxyDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 12:17pm

Congrats on taking the bar Kael, you know you got it;) 

As for me, I'm retaking the LSAT  for the second time on Dec.1 and I've also applied to law schools for Spring 08 admission (using my first LSAT score)-wish me luck;). I'm retaking the LSAT in case I don't get into a school of my choice this Spring, I may have a better shot in Fall.

I recommend Testmasters class or the Powerschore books for LSAT prep and not working full-time during your preparation. You just have to get yourself in the "zone" and go for it!

Edited by FoxyDee - Nov 12 2007 at 12:20pm
Prada3721 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prada3721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 12:32pm
Law School Grad here!!! I just graduated in June it was the best day of my life.  Amazing really -- I never knew that I would be onstage at Lincoln Center but it was so great.

Anyways -- ITA with the "Practice makes Perfect" sentiment on the LSAT.  Just do practice questions and timed tests until they're comin out your ears and you'll be fine. 

KAEL OMG THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! Clap I'm sure u did fantastic.  Wow I'm about to take the Patent Bar and the NY Bar in Feb and I was stressed not to mention like 4 bar exams!!!! So i'm going to start prep this week.  I don't have the ability though to go the self-study route I'm trying to keep it real with myself.  . . Even though I want to save the money on a prep course I'm not trying to take any of it twice.

WOW -- I guess I was also thinking about taking the CA bar -- how did it work to sign up/ take more than one bar exam . . .Any advice you've got Kael I'm ready to listen. . . Approve
Kael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 1:09pm

Congrats, Prada! I remember you posting about your upcoming graduation earlier this year. Walking across that stage and becoming a JD is an amazing feeling.

I don't think taking more than one bar is a huge deal (unless you're talking about simultaneous exams, of which I have no knowledge!).  I figured I may as well become licensed in as many states as I might like to practice while the knowledge I gained in law school is still fresh. Also, the government hours for a judicial clerkship aren't too demanding, which leaves a good amount of study time in the evenings. Plus, the knowledge for almost half (and, arguably, the most difficult half) of the bar exam, i.e., the MBE, is essentially the same no matter which state you choose. Therefore, you only have to learn state specific information for the essay/procedure parts of subsequent exams --you'll already have the multistate info ready to go!

Good luck on the NY and Patent bars!! I'm sure you'll do well!

Edited by Kael - Nov 12 2007 at 1:10pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2007 at 11:19pm
kael you are inspiring me. i have been having panic attacks about the lsat! not a good look. i am going into super study mode. i hope it all clicks soon bc some of those stupid logical reasoning problems don't make any sense. 
Kael View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2007 at 8:28am
Prettygirl16, thank you, and you will be just fine! What exactly is causing you trouble?

Have you seen JasmineE02's thread entitled "Do you debate logically?" She posted it in the TTT section a couple of days ago, and it explains some logical fallacies that are useful for the LR portions of the exam. That's essentially all those sections are about --knowing how to recognize and refute flawed arguments.

Off-topic, but, as of 6pm Pacific time yesterday, I am official!!! In CA, at least! Geek

Edited by Kael - Nov 17 2007 at 8:40am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic