Perfect Hair Collection

LaToya's fiancé...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LaToya's fiancĂ©...
    Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:35pm

Engaged! La Toya Jackson, 58, accepted a proposal from Jeffré Phillips, 46, 10 months ago with 17.5c diamond... and reveals she wants to adopt a child

Their relationship went from strictly business to hot romance, and now she has a wedding to plan. On Wednesday People announced 58-year-old singer La Toya Jackson is engaged to her business partner, 46-year-old Jeffré Phillips.

But the proposal isn't recent: Phillips asked for the hand of Michael Jackson's sister 10 months ago while vacationing in Hawaii. And he didn't do so without a little piece of bling - she was presented with a 17.5 carat diamond ring.

Also on Wednesday the Bad Girl singer told Good Morning America that she hopes to adopt a child: 'I always wanted to be a mother, all my life.'

Theyre going to the chapel: LaToya Jackson and Jeffré Phillips, pictured in December, are engaged, announced People on Wednesday
  • SHARE PICTURE
< id="share--" ="text" value="">

Copy link to paste in your message

+6

They're going to the chapel: LaToya Jackson and Jeffré Phillips, pictured in December, are engaged, announced People on Wednesday

I wanna rock with you: The Bad Girl singer showed off her diamond ring which is 17.5 carats - there is a 10 carat stone in the middle with 7.5 carats around it
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

I wanna rock with you: The Bad Girl singer showed off her diamond ring which is 17.5 carats - there is a 10 carat stone in the middle with 7.5 carats around it

'[I was caught off guard so] it wasn't a fast yes,' the beauty said of the proposal which took place at the Trump Hotel. 'I had no clue. I couldn't understand why he was so nervous.'

Jeffré had La Toya follow a path of white rose petals and gardenias to their hotel balcony in Hawaii, where he had arranged a romantic dinner of her favorite foods. Candle light was everywhere.

After dropping to one knee he said, 'I don’t have a ring for you' and she said, 'Well, that’s okay. I don’t care about a ring.' But when dessert was served, she got a rock. 'When I lifted (the lid) for the dessert, there was the ring,' she revealed.

So close once: La Toya (left) with brother Michael (middle) and sister Janet in 2004 exiting a Santa Monica courthouse
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

So close once: La Toya (left) with brother Michael (middle) and sister Janet in 2004 exiting a Santa Monica courthouse

The ring has a 10 carat round stone in the center and is surrounded by 7.5 carats in round diamonds set in a platinum band.

Phillips designed it himself.

'Jeffré goes over the top with a lot of things,' said Jackson. 'He found exactly what I would like or want. It’s really beautiful. It’s very, very big. It’s a heavy one too.'

Their early days of mega fame: In 1983 with brother Michael who passed away on June 25, 2009 in Holmby Hills, California
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

Their early days of mega fame: In 1983 with brother Michael who passed away on June 25, 2009 in Holmby Hills, California

'My heart just stopped,' she added. 'I was in total shock. We're best friends and we've been business partners forever. It was always professional - no one really crossed those boundaries.'

La Toya has yet to talk about her wedding plans and is saving any nuptial details for her new 'Life with La Toya' show, which airs on OWN starting June 7. 'You have to wait to see the show,' she said.

On GMA, the beauty added that if she has a child she could name it Paris because of a pact her family had with Kathy Hilton to name their children after the City of Lights.

'Kathy was first of course with Paris Hilton,' pointed out La Toya. Michael also named one of his children Paris.

'There is a possibility [I could name my child Paris],' Jackson said. 'I have to wait and see.'

She also revealed on the morning program that Jeffré asked her father for his daughter's hand in marriage.

'My father, mind you, he's a nice guy but he's not the easiest person to talk to,' the Playboy singer said.

Presenting The Jacksons: As teen singers in 1977 - La Toya (center) with Janet, Randy, Rebie, Jackie, Michael, Tito and Marlon
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

Presenting The Jacksons: As teen singers in 1977 - La Toya (center) with Janet, Randy, Rebie, Jackie, Michael, Tito and Marlon

The five year anniversary of Michael's death is on June 25.

In September 2009 La Toya opened up to Barbara Walters about her superstar brother who was responsible for such hits as Thriller and Beat It.

'I don't think we'll find a person as talented, a person who thought the way he thought. A person with the heart that Michael had,' La Toya said.

'People aren't that way anymore. He was special. He wasn't God, but he was certainly God-like. He was the closest thing to a god that I knew.'

Pretty in Paris: The 58-year-old beauty dressed head-to-toe in purple for her performance in France in 1992
  • SHARE PICTURE

+6

Pretty in Paris: The 58-year-old beauty dressed head-to-toe in purple for her performance in France in 1992

Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 2:57pm

I guess, Congratulations
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:04pm
nice ring.. 
congrats 
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:07pm
He looks better than her last one.

Edited by Katrenia - Jun 04 2014 at 3:07pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:22pm
His brows look cute, but they look waxed and I prefer threaded brows.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jun 04 2014 at 3:42pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:26pm
pretty ring
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:28pm

That man is clearly gay, but Latoya doesn't seem like the type to mind. Eh

Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:30pm
I don't think he's gay. He looks more whipped, I could tell by the way he acted on her show 
NuAttitude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:30pm
Ummm wow, I didn't know LaToya was damn near 60!Shocked
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:40pm
 I saw her mother and father at the table waiting for her answer . Beatrice is correct . The man is known to be gay from way back in the day . Maybe he change like the one that had the baby . I love the Jacksons , except for Jermaine after finding out he was a spoil hubby slave master . Latoya was so beautiful back in the day . What happen to Janet after she married that muslim man ? Congrats .

Thinking about MJ all week. Seems like yesterday . What a lost . Cry

The five year anniversary of Michael's death is on June 25.

Edited by india100 - Jun 04 2014 at 4:24pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>