BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Laser Hair Removal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 7:25am
I am back to old fashioned Electrolysis again.

Why .. because I have ingrown hairs on my chin (a family trait) so 20 or so years ago (when I was younger and had black hair) laser treatments only worked against white skin so and I had to use electrolysis.

Now that some of those hairs on my chin are starting to grow back that they have improved the laser technique so that it works for dark skin. Great, however the hairs on my chin are now gray/white and guess what? This new laser technique for dark skin DOES NOT WORK on light hair ... against dark skin!

Just my luck ...

(The hair on my private area is sparce and grows slow so maybe I shave once a month - takes 2 minutes. Underarm hair maybe once every 2 months - takes a minute. Hair on my legs umm once a year usually I do this at the beginning of summer. Even shaping up my eyebrows  I do about 2 times a month.

BUT THE HAIRS ON MY CHIN!! GROW LIKE THE DICKENS. This should be my last shot at Electrolysis!! The good thing is it's cheap like 20 a session.)

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 13 2013 at 7:42am
Sponsored Links

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 7:39am
I would love to do my undearms. My legs dont grow hairs. But my vajayjay ill keep waxing. idk about taking a laser to her.
lovelybrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelybrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Why .. because I have ingrown hairs on my chin (a family trait) so 20 or so years ago (when I was younger and had black hair) laser treatments only worked against white skin so and I had to use electrolysis.

Now that they have improved the laser echnique so that it works for dark skin ...and now some of those hairs on my chin are starting to grow back BUT the hairs are gray! 

This new laser technique for dark skin DOES NOT WORK on light hair!

Just my luck ...

That happened to me, that's why I stopped with the laser. The hair fell out and then some grew back white!! I noticed this with my armpits so I stopped and the hair has gone back to black again. I wax now and it's fine.  I am coming round to the idea of lasering again.... Maybe a different laser type.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by lovelybrown lovelybrown wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Now that they have improved the laser echnique so that it works for dark skin ...and now some of those hairs on my chin are starting to grow back BUT the hairs are gray! 

This new laser technique for dark skin DOES NOT WORK on light hair!

Just my luck ...

That happened to me, that's why I stopped with the laser. The hair fell out and then some grew back white!! I noticed this with my armpits so I stopped and the hair has gone back to black again. I wax now and it's fine.  I am coming round to the idea of lasering again.... Maybe a different laser type.

Yes, but I did not use the laser .. I used Electrolysis - you know with the needle.

They really killed off all the hair on my chin - it was a mess.

The thing is .. all these years later and few hairs started growing back so stupid me I used the tweezers and guess what - more hair came back. They said when you tweeze the hair or wax (pull it out at the root)  that STIMULATES the surrounding area and makes hair grow back there too!

It is growing back gray though because I am older now so the hair on my head, aunderarms, private area, even a few hairs in my eyebrows and now my chin .. are mostly GRAY/WHITE!.

Of course, I remove/dye (read HIDE) this so this is my secret and noone knows. hee hee!
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 11:31am
My only regret on doing laser hair removal is that I should have done it sooner than later. It is the BEST money I have ever spent. :)

I also suggest catching the hair within it's growth periods. So make stick to the sessions within 6 months of each other.

TBH, I did not and still saw results.
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 11:40am
I went to a AA licensed dermatologist who did laser and they have lasers now that are specially for darker pigment. it works but hella expensive
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 1:39pm
best thing money can buy. I got my 1st treatment a few weeks ago on my chin, lips ckeeks and sideburns. So far my skin is looking like butter. No ingrowns on my chin. YaYYYYYY. Its smooth no more star crunch chin.
Whooo Hoooo!
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 1:49pm
I have unlimited sessions on my chin, stomach, back, and brazilian. I just had my 2nd session last weekend. I saw the most obvious results on my pumpum 2 weeks after the first session (since the hair is so dark). A lot of the hair had fallen out leaving it with bald spots which I was really happy with, but unfortunately a lot of the bald spots are filled in now with finer hair, probably due to the next growth cycle coming in. Anyways hoping to see the results for my most recent session in about a week!
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by TayTay TayTay wrote:

BUMPING the sh*t out of this thread. Goodm3, since you're in Dallas too, what place did you get it done at? I'm interested in getting this done soon.

This one has the YAG. Nice staff... I've also gotten facials and microdermabrasion from here as well. 
http://oasismedspaandlasercenter.com/

This lady has the Alma Laser but her staff is known to double book appts and the techs ALWAYS upsell you the ENTIRE session. 
http://thebeautyclinicmedspa.com/contact-us/
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 4:21pm
I got my va jay jay waxed a couple of weeks ago for the 1st time, but i'm scared to do it again 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic