BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser hair removal support thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ChocklitDrop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChocklitDrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 10:35am
hello ladies.

i'm very exicted to report that i've been able to purchase all of my laser packages via groupon...im always on a budget :)

anywho i'm due in for my 2nd of 3 for my chin area (that deal was $99 for 3 sessions) and the first treatment was amazing...i was so excited to see how much of the hair didnt grow back...and how the ingrowns and dark spots have lessened...hopefully these next 2 sessions will fully eliminate the gross issue under the chin i've been dealing w/ forever

lol now i love my bhm fam cuz we keeps it real even for tmi issues...so anywho...i'm a hairy sumn...brown complexion and acne prone skin...if any of you are remotely similar you'll know that this has caused years of issues both physically and mentally....nobody wants to look like chewbacca...so i've done all of the plucking waxing and shaving i could do to have temporary hairlessness but at the great cost of HORRIBLE irritation when growing back due to icky lumps and bumps from ingrown hairs...add to the fact that i scar like nobodies business so hyperpigmentation is just a hot ass mess...then (particular to the face/neck) i break out w/ cystic acne which is also an issue w/ ingrowns....all in all i've been researching and feel very confident that laser is the ONLY thing that will finally give me results and help me reach my skin goals....

just yesteday i got 2 6 session laser hair removal packages via groupon to cover my underarms and full brazillian....i cant wait to see the changes! so wish me luck ladies

hopefully i can move on next to the stomach/thigh area that the full brazillian may not cover from this current package but i'll take it one step at a time

xoxo
Sponsored Links

kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 12:38pm
congrats chock Clap

be patient, where there is one groupon deal there will be another. i too am searching for one for each area of my body and have been kicking myself ever since i let the legs slip by Cry.

you may want to purchase the numbing cream that i posted on the previous page for the brazilian. for some reason that's been the worst area for me and the numbing made it such a breeze!
2Juicy4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Juicy4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2011 at 12:03pm
I found a deal for $499 full leg, 6 sessions on groupon. Except it is about 1 hr & 30 mins away. I would have to spend @ least $180 for gas total. I'm in N. CA. Is this a good deal? I think so.

I just saw an add on groupon today locally for $349, 3 sessions, only half leg.

2Juicy4U View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Juicy4U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2011 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by kelis kelis wrote:

Originally posted by MsCoKo MsCoKo wrote:

I've been researching this.  I didn't know people got their cooters done! i'd get my whole body done if i could afford it!

you are going to become an addict like the rest of us once LOL

Actually, I'm struggling with this area and would love some suggestions if anyone else has gone through it (or not, all advice welcome). Basically, shaving that area before treatment, which is a Angry Cry is proving too difficult for me. Especially because I never shaved there before. After I shaved the first time with cream, I ended up with a yeast infection Cry The Dr. recommended not to use it anymore < well duh! Any tips on how to shave before my next appointment?

I tried dry shaving (ShockedCry) and its just not the same in terms of how the hair fell out on other parts of my body. I'm seriously scared (frustrated) this may not work in 6 sessions.

^^^ if any of that sounds confusing its because i'm confused on what to do CryLOL
I use schick intuition razors in sensitive skin. The best ever. I can't use regular razors on any part of my body b/c my skin gets so irritated. U shouldn't have a problem in that area using this to prep
sashaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2011 at 1:05pm
OMG!! Sooooo glad I have found this thread! I am in dire need of this in hopes that it cures my gross underarm breakouts!! My underarms are soo ugly and ooze all the time due to what I believe is ingrown hairs and caked pores. I am going to start my search for coupons and deals for laser hair removal!! I will also continue my research in this area to hear the stories of others who have done this for similar reasons under their arms. Smile (#excited.com!)
ChocklitDrop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChocklitDrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2011 at 2:26pm
thanks kelis and welcome fellow hairy brethren sashaa...lol plz know i jest there....i know you're as grossed out as i am w/ the armpit hair issues...cuz i have that same problem...not to mention razor burn and crazy discoloration from it...armpits black as tar and the rest is my choco color *sigh*

anywho i came back so soon w/ an update (aka brag swag) for you all

i subscribe to all of the local & national sites that offer the groupon-esque deals so y'day am i woke up to a bloomspot deal that i squealed over ...6 session lhr (laser hair removal) package for underarms ($180) full brazilian ($180) and abdominal line/happy trail ($150)....so ya'll do that math real quick like ($510)...so trust and know that i hit up groupons customer care (which is amazing btw) and kinda fibbed a bit but got a full refund on the package deal i mentioned above....first of all that armpit and brazilli pack was $700 total....so clearly the better deal is $200 less w/ me getting a whole extra area that i consider a must have getting done....and my fibber was very small just to make sure i could get my full refund back to my mastercard...i simply told them that the merchant said that i wasnt qualified to redeem the voucher due to skin complexion/hair color....which wasnt true because of course i called and verifed all of that info before purchasing...but groupon aint gotta know all that lol LOL...anywho my first round of zapping is next month so i plan and hope to keep you guys up to date on the entire journey

a few more things:

1. im due in for my 2 of 3 chin sessions via another groupon purchased this friday...lemme tell you its been a rough long wait til this seond appointment because the wait for an appointment has been rediculous w/ all of the groupons to service...ive had plenty of hair grow back but not as much as before my 1st treatment but i think my main irritation here is that ive had to wait like 3 months almost which is kinda like relapse central when trying not to tweeze and all that...im thiinkin i might have to purchase a few more chin sessions sans groupon to make sure this area is properly treated if i dont get the results i long for after the 3rd one wraps....and know that i've tweezed to death after trying to be good after 2/3 weeks post 1st treatment....and one of the icky results has been a severe clust**** of dark hardened skin armor formed on my chin covers about 20 hairs that are all ingrown!!! ive cried my eyes out cuz it looks nasty on top of me fighting off these hair...im also acne prone, scarred, and hyperpigmented on my face and body...its slowly but surely been going away but hopefully this round of laser will knock these hairs out so it can finally heal....in the meanwhile i've been using mario badescu glycolic face wash and toner...i also use his acne cleansing gel...and i scrub w/ lush's dark angel...follow up w/ vita e oil for moisture and use mario badescu healing cream and palmers scar fade vita e gel/oil on the actual dark splotch to try and keep it from forming into the hard icky crust plate it does when its not moist...and also to try and combat the big azz splotch *sigh*

LadySamG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadySamG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2011 at 2:20pm
Hi Ladies,

I'm so happy I found this thread! I in Ottawa, Canada and I've had 2 of 6 sessions done (for a bikini - damnit TMI) using a CoolGlide Cutera laser (nd:yag 1064 nm). I've had no complaint about the procedure itself so far  - I don't take any medications or put on any numbing applications before going 'cause I don't need to. Right beside the machine is a big 'ol chest freezer full of ice packs which the technician takes out to numb me down with before the procedure which makes SO MUCH DIFFERENCE (she hit an area that hadn't been ice down and it burned like hell!).

I'm wondering what results anyone's gotten so far and if their results are at least similar to mine. So far (after 2 of 6) my hair all grown backConfused. Now let me be specific - it's all grown back but it's much finer (not sparser or farther apart, just the hair itself is much finer). The results looks like what you'd expect about 3 or 4 weeks after a waxing. Only in this case it took much longer for this hair to grow back and it's finer then the result you'd get for the grow-back for a waxing. Obviously this is only for hair that I think was 'targetted' by the laser - the hairs not in the right growth phase simply grew back like as if they'd only been shaved.

Has anyone else gotten this. After all your sessions will the hair grow back? Will it grow back finer or eventually come back to previously bushiness?

Thanks all!
*Jools* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Jools* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2011 at 5:22am
i had 4 sessions done to my underarms, and by the third it was barely growing back, so after the 4th they said thats all i'd need. fast forward a month and a half and every bit of the hair has grown back!!! im so dissapointed  and am debating on if i should go back for a few more treatments or not! they said over the years id need "touchups" but this is waay to soon! so whats ya'll opinion-should i go back?
-to everyone whos had there underarms done, how many treatments did it take to rid the hair and make it not grow back? && also is this a permanent solution for everyone?
fayth601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fayth601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2011 at 10:05am
HEY LADIES What's up!  I'm glad I found this thread too!!!!  I have posted about my laser tx somewhere around here but I'm just happy this thread is here!!! OMG!!!

I'm in Chicago.  I go to Dr. Jonith Breadon she has 1/2 price days at least once a month!  I do in know way work for her or get any type of kick-back!  Once I started my laser treatments a couple of years ago I would see African American women with unwanted hair issues.  I would try to start a conversation with them in the hopes of being able to share about the GREATNESS of the laser.  I don't come on here to often so anyone needing info from me can pm me!

Stay hairless ladies! Stay hairless!
fayth601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fayth601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2011 at 10:16am
Originally posted by *Jools* *Jools* wrote:

i had 4 sessions done to my underarms, and by the third it was barely growing back, so after the 4th they said thats all i'd need. fast forward a month and a half and every bit of the hair has grown back!!! im so dissapointed  and am debating on if i should go back for a few more treatments or not! they said over the years id need "touchups" but this is waay to soon! so whats ya'll opinion-should i go back?
-to everyone whos had there underarms done, how many treatments did it take to rid the hair and make it not grow back? && also is this a permanent solution for everyone?
ConfusedWhoa 4 sessions baby bye!  You better take your butt back and get some more tx.  This is not a quick fix!  I'm sorry if they told you 4 sessions will be all you will need.  They mis-informed you.  I don't want to say lied LOL.  

NO doctor can't be that certain how many tx you will need.   I think my Dr told me from jump street "keep coming until it stops and them occasionally I would have to come in for a tx.  I get my chin done well let me say I use to get it done  Clap.  Now I may go 1 time a year.  My chin is smooth as a "baby's bottom" and I'm loving it!  Thank you JESUS!

Edited by fayth601 - Aug 24 2011 at 10:17am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System