Laser hair removal support thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 3:47pm
I go for my 3rd (of 9) laser treatments for my bikini and stomach on Friday.

Hurts like shyt IMO..  But the pain is not lingering. I go to Ideal Image and have had NOTHING but POSITIVE results. They are expensive but worth every penny.

They use the Yag laser which is supposed to be better for darker skin. Smile
Sponsored Links

kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Hurts like shyt IMO..  But the pain is not lingering. I go to Ideal Image and have had NOTHING but POSITIVE results. They are expensive but worth every penny.

Confused I need to get on your hair regi Clap great growth!

take 2 tylenol and 2 advil about 30 minutes before your appointment and it should help with the pain.
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 1:27pm
any burn spots?
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by kaai kaai wrote:

any burn spots?

NO!!

The tech should know better than to even think about exceeding the necessary levels for your skin.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by kelis kelis wrote:

take 2 tylenol and 2 advil about 30 minutes before your appointment and it should help with the pain.

Thanks (new avi:: its a wig Shocked)!

What about Aleve? Thats all I have.

Edited by yaya24 - Apr 28 2011 at 4:39pm
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by kaai kaai wrote:

any burn spots?

Nope.
kjoyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjoyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2011 at 6:23pm
Hi Ladies,

I'm so happy to read of your successes with laser hair removal.  Unfortunately it didn't work for me.  I spent over $2000 on treatments every 6 weeks for over a year, had microdermabrasion on some of the off weeks and it still didn't solve the problem.Cry

Reading your experiences is giving me the idea to look into it again but then I start remembering how painful it was me and I hesitate to go thru it again. 

I'll keep reading your comments and see if I can get inspired to try it again at a different place.

Thanks for sharing.  This can be a painful journey . . .
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 8:51am

Thanks (new avi:: its a wig Shocked)!

What about Aleve? Thats all I have.

I'm referring to the avi you had up of your growth LOL but your wig is cute too.

I believe they are both equal... my friend swears Aleve works better. Here's the differences -

Differences Between Advil and Aleve

The active ingredient in Advil is ibuprofen. Each Advil tablet contains 200 mg of ibuprofen. Aleve tablets contain 220 mg naproxen sodium.

So techinically you could just take generic Ibuprofen too.

How are you caring for your lady bits post treatment?

<<----- bout to get weird in here Confused

Are you exfoliating your lady bits and if yes, what are you using. Has the skin color chnaged in that region? I'm one treatment behind you.
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 8:54am
Originally posted by kjoyy kjoyy wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I'm so happy to read of your successes with laser hair removal.  Unfortunately it didn't work for me.  I spent over $2000 on treatments every 6 weeks for over a year, had microdermabrasion on some of the off weeks and it still didn't solve the problem.Cry

Reading your experiences is giving me the idea to look into it again but then I start remembering how painful it was me and I hesitate to go thru it again. 

I'll keep reading your comments and see if I can get inspired to try it again at a different place.

Really sorry to hear about your experience. Do you know what type of laser they used on you? That may be part of the issue. The price Shocked. Wow that was really expensive, are you in the U.S., how long ago was this, where are you located?

Maybe some of us can point you in the direction of a more reputable and definitely affordable clinic.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 11:00am

Originally posted by kjoyy kjoyy wrote:

Hi Ladies,

Really sorry to hear about your experience. Do you know what type of laser they used on you? That may be part of the issue. The price Shocked. Wow that was really expensive, are you in the U.S., how long ago was this, where are you located?

Maybe some of us can point you in the direction of a more reputable and definitely affordable clinic.

Really that price is bad? I spent 2300 for my bikini and stomach
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic