Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Laser hair removal support thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
tigereyes83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigereyes83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 9:54am
Yay still no new ingrown hair. My chin is actually getting lighter. I guess it just needed time to heal. I still have to shave every two days.  I was told in 21days all hair from this growt cycle will ge jone. My next appointment is in June. I think I will treat myself to a facial next month :D
Sponsored Links

breezin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breezin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 3:49pm
Thanks for your experience on this as I've been considering laser removal also and was wondering if its worth the money and sounds like it is. Let me start researching who is good in my neck of the woods.  Keep us posted on your progress. Smile
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2011 at 11:53am
Ladies!! I just saw a deal on Groupon for Queens Laser Hair Removal (not QLEHR) and its a well worth it!! Snap it up if you're trying to keep your budget low and don't mind getting serviced in the Q Wink
http://www.groupon.com/deals/queens-laser-hair-removal?c=all&p=1
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 11:24am
Originally posted by MsCoKo MsCoKo wrote:

I've been researching this.  I didn't know people got their cooters done! i'd get my whole body done if i could afford it!

you are going to become an addict like the rest of us once LOL

Actually, I'm struggling with this area and would love some suggestions if anyone else has gone through it (or not, all advice welcome). Basically, shaving that area before treatment, which is a Angry Cry is proving too difficult for me. Especially because I never shaved there before. After I shaved the first time with cream, I ended up with a yeast infection Cry The Dr. recommended not to use it anymore < well duh! Any tips on how to shave before my next appointment?

I tried dry shaving (ShockedCry) and its just not the same in terms of how the hair fell out on other parts of my body. I'm seriously scared (frustrated) this may not work in 6 sessions.

^^^ if any of that sounds confusing its because i'm confused on what to do CryLOL
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 11:26am
Originally posted by kelis kelis wrote:

Ladies!! I just saw a deal on Groupon for Queens Laser Hair Removal (not QLEHR) and its a well worth it!! Snap it up if you're trying to keep your budget low and don't mind getting serviced in the Q Wink
http://www.groupon.com/deals/queens-laser-hair-removal?c=all&p=1

ugh, hope no one listened to me on that, walked pasted this place after shopping and it just doesn't seem ummm tidy. stick with QLEHR if you're in the area.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigereyes83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 1:12pm

^^^Ouch

I was about to for my upper lip thankfully I talked myself out of it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigereyes83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by kelis kelis wrote:

Originally posted by MsCoKo MsCoKo wrote:

I've been researching this.  I didn't know people got their cooters done! i'd get my whole body done if i could afford it!

you are going to become an addict like the rest of us once LOL

Actually, I'm struggling with this area and would love some suggestions if anyone else has gone through it (or not, all advice welcome). Basically, shaving that area before treatment, which is a Angry Cry is proving too difficult for me. Especially because I never shaved there before. After I shaved the first time with cream, I ended up with a yeast infection Cry The Dr. recommended not to use it anymore < well duh! Any tips on how to shave before my next appointment?

I tried dry shaving (ShockedCry) and its just not the same in terms of how the hair fell out on other parts of my body. I'm seriously scared (frustrated) this may not work in 6 sessions.

^^^ if any of that sounds confusing its because i'm confused on what to do CryLOL
Try burts bees baby body wash on the area and shave.
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by tigereyes83 tigereyes83 wrote:

^^^Ouch

I was about to for my upper lip thankfully I talked myself out of it.

I feel horrible for even posting it but glad you talked yourself out of it. That place just seems all kinds of wrong. LOL at you talking yourself out of it, you must've known something was all sorts of wrong before the purchase Clap
kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 1:19pm

Thanks TE, I will try that. I already cut myself trying the dry shave Cry

kelis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2011 at 3:05pm
Hey Ladies, just wanted to give this thread a friendly bump of support for anyone who's struggling with unwanted hair but would like to do laser.

1) if you are having any reservations about laser, feel free to ask every question under the sun. it's your body and your $$$ so don't be scared to either ask us here or someone you know who's gone through it.

2) if there is major hair growth on your face, you may want to speak with your doctor about PCOS (google that). please don't get bent out of shape thinking you have a disease LOL. unwanted hair happens just like an imbalance of hormones happens. I'm proof of this ish but its nothing diet and a boost/change in estrogen can't help regulate.

3) BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET!!! I can't stress that enough!! The last thing you want to do is get 3 out of the 6 necessary treatments and then have to start all over again when you have the funds. That's not very effective and will cost you more in the long run. Also, I don't want any of you ladies going into debt to have this procedure (lol, sounds all serious Confused) done. Look for deals on sites like I mentioned a page ahead or speak with you tech about afforable pricing.  

4) don't hide behind waxing like I did Cry. It inceased my hyperpigmentation problem and I swear even after the hair was removed with wax, there was a bearded black mark from where the wax started to where it end. So yuck just imagine walking around without hair but looking like someone drew in a brownish beard Cry

5) if you are suffering from hyperpigmentation, I recommend a hyper-facial / chemical peel. Microdermabrasion will NOT help because its really just a exfoliating facial. It doesn't go deep like the hyper/chemi does.

6) keep your head up and don't let unwanted hair lower your self-esteem. I'm one of those girls who allowed it to break me and I can't tell you how many times I cried (ugh, i'm tearing right now) from something that could've been easily solved years ago had I BUDGETED and went for treatment sooner. The one good thing about having unwanted hair is that its made me the humble person that I am today but all the tears, ducking social events and being closed to a loved one could've been avoided.

ETA: sorry for any typos ---->>> emotional over here

Edited by kelis - Apr 27 2011 at 3:06pm
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic