Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lacefronts dont look good after a couple of wears
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lacefronts dont look good after a couple of wears

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
UrbanDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lacefronts dont look good after a couple of wears
    Posted: Aug 05 2017 at 6:04pm
After a few days, when the silicon coating wears off of the lacefront, the hair starts to look dryer and stiff. What can I use to keep it looking fresh? Do they sell silicon at the beauty supply?
Sponsored Links

pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2017 at 5:46pm
well some people use a bleach bath with Clorox to renew the wig or you can use apple cider vinegar..videos on youtube for both
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2017 at 9:16pm
bleach bathing is your last option  try soaking wig in cold water and baking soda overnight to rid it of any products. then try a deep conditioning on it. looking in the notes for newbies options are there with instructions

RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2017 at 12:40pm
Bleach bath and deep condition always works for me. When ordering discount I bleach bath it before I wear it.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2017 at 10:24pm
John Korea Haircoat will restore the wig. I have it on eBay. Fast, worldwide shipping:
UrbanDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2017 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

John Korea Haircoat will restore the wig. I have it on eBay. Fast, worldwide shipping:
Which formula should I buy?
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2017 at 11:39pm
`I purchased a blonde mix Beyonce Drunk In Love type of wig for my mother , Its was $140 and honestly I suggested not shampooing it very much. I bought her some dry shampoo and she doesnt sleep in it.

After a few months I figure I got my money worth.

NJ I was looking at that on the other post, which one do I buy?
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2017 at 11:41pm
These new wigs are not what OG wig wearers are used to.
Even the lace feels different
The last time i had a decent wig was a custom unit with transparent lace and Virgin Chinese hair.
They dont care about those stock units
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by UrbanDoll UrbanDoll wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Which formula should I buy?

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

NJ I was looking at that on the other post, which one do I buy?

HiSmile
If you just want to do regular maintenance on a wig or it looks dull, lifeless & tangly, please purchase the 'Original Silky' version. 

If the wig is in bad shape, is over processed, is on its last legs and you want to try to rescue it
OR
If it is blonde/bleached/fragile, please purchase the Premium Blend: Original + Damaged version.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic