Perfect Hair Collection

Lace Wigs In the Movies Past and Present

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
chinawigsupplier View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinawigsupplier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:13pm
it is very normal to wear lace wigs in movies
Sponsored Links

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by kelis kelis wrote:

sorry to do this to you all but i was searching for blonde dye inspiration and stumbled on this ?wig?
Why R.Kelly with the Kanekalon braided endsDeadDeadDead

I really think that Kelly's hair is braided and then sprayed gold in this shot.  With a template around his face to prevent overspray. 
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by kelis kelis wrote:

sorry to do this to you all but i was searching for blonde dye inspiration and stumbled on this ?wig?
Why R.Kelly with the Kanekalon braided endsDeadDeadDead

I really think that Kelly's hair is braided and then sprayed gold in this shot.  With a template around his face to prevent overspray. 

Yeah it looks like it's just spray painted.

On a side note, I wonder when they first started using lace wigs in movies
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:10pm
Because the lacefront is more realistic than a regular wig. Especially when the character has to wear crazy character makeup. The lace front lays flatter of course around the edges this allows for more precision believable character make up. The lacefront has been used a long long time in stage and film. I really feel it is just a upgraded wig, someone figured out a better way to make a wig look more realistic....I only find myself looking at the wigs if they look really bad because it can be so distracting to hair people like us. The one which annoyed me the most was Jada Pinketts's wig in Nutty Professor. I bet the person got paid lots of money for that work. But it needed a lot of work.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Because the lacefront is more realistic than a regular wig. Especially when the character has to wear crazy character makeup. The lace front lays flatter of course around the edges this allows for more precision believable character make up. The lacefront has been used a long long time in stage and film. I really feel it is just a upgraded wig, someone figured out a better way to make a wig look more realistic....I only find myself looking at the wigs if they look really bad because it can be so distracting to hair people like us. The one which annoyed me the most was Jada Pinketts's wig in Nutty Professor. I bet the person got paid lots of money for that work. But it needed a lot of work.

Omg I notice this EVERY time I watch this movie! 

I found out that the guy who does B's wigs, Erwin Kupitz, also does all of Angelina Jolie's wigs. The first time she worked with him was in 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and they've worked together ever since.

I've always thought her looked boom in this movie. As a side note, I think this movie was pre-nose job. She was beautiful anyway but it's weird how a rhinoplasty like kind of perfected her face, cos her angles are amazzzing.

I'm assuming the first time Beyoncé discovered lace wigs was when he made the wigs for her in 'Austin Powers 3'. She always used to wear those extensions that were just braided at the root and then the rest left out up til this point and then she done Goldmember and then never looked back I guess.

Apparently the reason he gets paid like $50,000 to make a unit for his celeb clients is because of the fast turn around. Like if they want a nice unit ready in 3 days, then they pay top dollar for it, which is understandable cos that is some hard work.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:20pm
Spartacus, Season 3

Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:35pm
The wigs in spartacus are both amazing and terrble at the same time
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Omg I notice this EVERY time I watch this movie! 

I found out that the guy who does B's wigs, Erwin Kupitz, also does all of Angelina Jolie's wigs. The first time she worked with him was in 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and they've worked together ever since.

I've always thought her looked boom in this movie. As a side note, I think this movie was pre-nose job. She was beautiful anyway but it's weird how a rhinoplasty like kind of perfected her face, cos her angles are amazzzing.

I'm assuming the first time Beyoncé discovered lace wigs was when he made the wigs for her in 'Austin Powers 3'. She always used to wear those extensions that were just braided at the root and then the rest left out up til this point and then she done Goldmember and then never looked back I guess.

Apparently the reason he gets paid like $50,000 to make a unit for his celeb clients is because of the fast turn around. Like if they want a nice unit ready in 3 days, then they pay top dollar for it, which is understandable cos that is some hard work.

I crushed hard on Angie when she was younger.  Especially in Hackers.  I wanted to be her character when I grew up.LOL
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 3:44pm
Lolll, I love Angelina Jolie, i think she's the most beautiful woman in the world. I really do. I really hope that Cleopatra film she wants to star in actually happens because if it was done well, that film would be so damn fierce. And you just KNOW there would be some good lace fronts in that movie lolll
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 7:32pm
This one by Tyra is not too bad. Around the hairline and sides, she could use a little make-up cover.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>