BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace Wigs In the Movies Past and Present

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Goodyearwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodyearwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lace Wigs In the Movies Past and Present
    Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 5:18pm
Is it only me Geekor are you, too, finding yourself scrutinizing all the hairlines in the movies;
a movie where you believe the characters are sporting Full lace or lace front wigs-- past and present? I'm not talking about only women, I mean the men as well.
 The following  URL is a clip from Sinbad and the eye of the Tiger. Check out the actor Patric Troughton as the Character Melanthius...Lace wig or not, What say you?
Two more movies that I can think of would be Clash of the Titans,
Mads Mikkelsen as Draco,
Liam Cunningham as Solon
Ralph Fiennes as Hades
In the Movie Marie Antoinette, Norma Shearer as Queen Marie Antoinette as well as people of the Court wears a powdered wig.
How many movies have you noticed?

Edited by Goodyearwriter - Feb 26 2011 at 5:20pm
Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 5:43pm
LOL!  I LOVED that Sinbad movie as a kid.. never occurred to me in 1977 to think the Princess was 'wearing hair' and I wonder about her, as well as Melanthius!

I have not really been looking, but my husband and I were watching Hitchcock's _Vertigo_ the other night, I commented early on in the movie, 'her (Kim Novacks') hairline is WAY too perfect'.   Near the end there is a scene where the tell tale lace crinkle was clearly evident on the side of her face.

I Googled the movie details later, and sure enough, I found an interview with Kim where she talks about Hitchcock having her wear the wig for that movie.

Edited by hennared - Feb 26 2011 at 5:49pm
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 6:24pm
I do this ALL the time now, I can't help it!
Angelsgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelsgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 9:17pm
When I lived in LA years ago a close friend was a makeup/hairstylist assistant at Warner Brothers studios.  I would visit the set with him sometimes.  The movie/tv studios were using lace wigs long before they became available to the general public. ALmost every female character on movie/tv sets were fitted with lace wigs in order to protect their hair from the harsh studio lights or to enhance the look of the character.  You could not tell that these were wigs even up close so even if you look closely at the movies/tv shows now you might not be able to tell that they are wearing wigs.  The makeup and hair artists that work for the entertainment studios are just that good. 
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 9:22pm
If you want to see some serious lace wigs, watch any British film.  I think they perfected the wearing of lace wigs long before anyone knew what they were.  What an interesting topic.  Thanks OP for thinking of it!Thumbs Up
MangaDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MangaDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2011 at 10:06pm
Lotsa Lace wigs in Twilight
and kung fu movies ! Smile
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2011 at 2:32am
yep,,, Rupaul show has a few awful LF wig there.

I was shocked....

they r everywhere..... Broadway shows( of course)
Most of the old movies...
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2011 at 3:07am
let me tell you....when i was watch spartacus blood and sand i was always scrutinising lucy lawless lace wig the red and the blonde ones but it looked good though.Embarrassed
nappyface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2011 at 5:15am
LOL yes, you'll see them in just about every film.    I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Truly Scrumptious' half wig does not match the front of her hair, then the little boy's hair blows up and there is a white blond weft sitting in his brown hair. Never mind70's TV Mission Impossible,  Columbo etc I HAD to stop looking :-)
SheRah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheRah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2011 at 7:14am
The Rock was wearing one in The Scorpion King.  It looked a little crooked though.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>