Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lace Wigs Cause Cancer in Black Women ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 11:32pm
FDA. inspectors, regulations..REALLY?  This is the internet. I can put my name on a product whipped up in my "lab"..and sell it in a glossy manufacturing prodect. When sales ramped up...we went crazy..and tried everything and anything on the market, tested, stamped approved or rumoured...
look at Sexis' old threads...she got really sick.  and was not the only one.  Once she stopped the glues and tapes she was fine..that is common sense...the body repairs itself once the behavior or introduction of harmful influences are removed...These wigs are designed to be removed...and any pt under a docs long term care will be frequently tested...we just slap layers of stuff on..stick it down and many leave them for weeks, months on end...that is unhealthy..../...
   The area should be throughly cleansed, scrubbed and moisturized...letting the covered skin breahe..but some young ladies have horrifd hygiene...bottom line is THIS IS NOT OUR HAIR..and just like underwear...ya need to take it off, change it or make sure that it is clean ....  I tried some of that Got To BE Glued stuff without skin barrier..and it sent me to the MOON! Broke my skin out and made me nauseated....  Everything is not for Everybody....

Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 5:51am
Wrong .. just wrong.

You said Cancer and Tumours.

Again the men that have wearing tuppees for the last 200 years .. have been using these glues long term-how come they are not getting CANCER? Hee hee! And no one put 2 and 2 together? Who the heck is getting CANCER from the glues on the lace wigs?

What is the definition of 'sick' ...  there needs to be conclusive documented proof from a doctor. It can't be something they figured out all by themselves ahhh like when they stopped using it .. . it went away. Hee hee!

Hey, if I got CANCER  or a flippen tumour on my head .. you'd better believe I would have a definitive prognosis in my hands and I would know what the heck caused it! If it suddenly disappeared .. because I stopped using glue ... that would cause even more questions. I would demand answers not just spread some rumours. Irresponsible.

Wow... a tumour is not the same thing as developing a rash from an allertic reaction. Shocked Hee hee!

I only buy from reputable vendors like www.hairdirect.com. But if someone is selling something out of their kitchen on the internet that is not FDA approved ... again, what is the name of the product? I will send a red flag to my buddy. They will get to bottom of it alright.

And second .. it's ' caveat emptor 'Let the buyer beware' when you buy some low priced cut rate deal on the net. Duh!

I think this is a very irresponsible thread but whatever -  I am outta of here. (shrug) If people don't have enough sense to ignore this kind of hysteria ... I guess they get what they deserve in the end.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Oct 03 2013 at 6:11am
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 7:46am
I wish I hadn't clicked on that link or this thread.

As others have posted, allergic reactions happen to many. Many products have carcinogens ( pay attention to your make up and household cleaners) so we have to be mindful and make educated choices ( like being wary of fly by night ops or leaving units on forever or ignoring symptoms)  but let's not get hysterical. Adhesives  cause cancer in Black women--only Black women? Let's get a grip. 

I am, apparently, allergic to dyes--with or  without cold tar.   Many people are. I found out after a recent episode that landed me in the hospital . Should I now make the claim that  dyes cause  serious outbreaks in Black women? Or women in general? I know, so I will avoid dyes but won't get hysterical or make blanket statements.

That entire creambump site is low rent and the article was nothing more than an insult, foolish and meant to incite.

Edited by MassGal - Oct 03 2013 at 8:35am
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 7:46pm
@ Printers_Ink.. I posed the question..and reposted the original article.. chiding BHM'rs to be careful..that is all. Caution. Caveat Emptor.  You would have to contact the original author to get the actual details..the point of the post was to take extreme care.
@MassGal you are right about the site..and whatever has been historically true there are new methods of mixing, using cheap unproven ingredients and getting past normal inspections..until or unless caught.  
Staying as close to nature and natural is the best route as we are learning.  The incidence of carcinogens in women with heavy hair dye use and cancer has been discussed for a few years.
More evidential research points to the difference, resistance, succumbing and frequency of illness in black women re: hair products.  It could be that we use a combinations that act as/become catalysts to raise the incidence of disease.  

Really and actually..I just want these prices to come down and for us to be ever so careful!!

Edited by Tressa - Oct 03 2013 at 7:49pm
shepherd007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shepherd007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 6:31am
actually wig will not cause any health problems,but  i suggest that you order good quality wigs,and the material is human hair will better, the synthetic is not good Big smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top quality Human Hair wigs,Lace front wigs,Hair extensions all in www.fancylacewigs.com
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 10:57pm
...and this word from a CV should be a honest "clue" to the rest of us...chemical hair on a human head ...glued, sprayed, sweated on and melted in the sun is too close to the skin and scalp to take chances!...   THank you CV ANGEL!!
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by Amillion Amillion wrote:

I think it's this new glue that's on the market they maybe referencing. I highly doubt that the celebrities is using the BSS crap that's on the market.  Some of these adhesives I NOW see give me pause

Yes, but ANY glue on the market is subject to the FDA guidelines. Shocked They aren't gonna suddenly start putting cancer causing adhesives in BSS .. just because of the now popular LF market nooo. Dead

That would be .. illegal.

How many Sally's Beauty Supply (type)  places want to risk jail/or extreme fines by stocking illegal products? What for?  LOTS of legal choices that they can sell.

Aside from that...  I NEVER buy my supplies from the BSS. Never. That would be rip off city in terms of pricing, advertising and quality.

I buy from reputable companies like www.hairdirect.com who have a ton of tapes and adheasives to choose from.

Cigarettes is legal and they cause cancer.  Pesticides is used on fruits and then sold in your local supermarkets is completely legal.  Animals are injected with hormones which can induce cancer, and these meats are sold in supermarkets.......I can go down the list. 

I wouldn't rush to say all adhesives is bad, but I can tell you first and foremost, what's sold in BSS stores, off the back from the smell alone is NOT a good look.  Chemicals with strong odors are usually strong chemicals.  Something you learn in basic inorganic chemistry.
FDA guidelines aren't as simple as, if it causes cancer it cant be sold.  FDA guidelines will allow things that can cause cancer to be sold, but it can't exceed a certain percentage of that agent.  There maybe additional regulations as such that certain products that do contain these agents shouldn't be used everyday. 
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:02pm
All of what you said is true!  The problem is that  even these units are not meant to be worn daily!  Not the way we have adapted them.. as if they are our own hair!  Those glues are untested... FDA does not test everything sold on the global market.  ITA agree about the BSS...!  The BSS is the worst place to buy anything really...from perms to hair color...so please use caution.  
You made the most important point...."these agents shouldn't be used daily".  Excellent post!
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 10:46am
Hee hee! Just a joke.

Who cares about the 'global' market? The FDA tests everything sold in AMERICA legally - that is their job. Like I said though - I am not stupid enough to buy something on the internet that was whipped up in someone's kitchen and so it did not go through FDA approval.

I can't make myself any clearer.

Cigarettes DO cause cancer and there is a LABEL on the packages informing people - in case they are still stupid enough to smoke - it's on them.

If any of the adhesives I purchased explicitly said - 'they cause cancer' I would stop using them as well. DUH!

Men have been wearing tupees and using these glues for DAILY 200 years! Lace wigs and tupees are the exact SAME THING only now that women are in them suddenly the adhesives are causing cancer? Really? Makes no sense.

I think in the 200 years these glues have been evolved ... the manufacturers would have found men that contracted cancer and taken the stuff offthe shelves. DUH!

Again an irresponsible thread trying to scare people.

Geesh, you have to stop being a follower and use your own common sense.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Dec 19 2013 at 10:51am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style