Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lace Wigs Cause Cancer in Black Women ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*SkolarStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote *SkolarStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2013 at 10:48pm
Maybe if people started to believe this the sale of wigs would decrease, so would prices, and the quality would increase again?

Embarrassed (Don't judge me)
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Rupaul would be dead by now if this were true.

and beyonce, mary j. blige and kim k., and a whole slew of other lace wearing celebs...but the ironic thing is lace wigs were made for CANCER PATIENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE..
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 5:57am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

White men have been wearing toupees for years.
Absolutely!

A lace wig is the same thing as a big toupee .. same construction.

Toupees have been on the market for a good 200 years now and they are worn 7 X 24 for weeks ... so if these zillions of adhesives on the market were gonna kill anyone ... that would have been recognized a long time ago. Confused

No need for hysteria.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Sep 04 2013 at 6:03am
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeedTresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 10:04pm
Thank you all for the input and the laughs
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 10:43pm
Why can't we all agree that Lace Wigs are horrid quality and too expensive so that we can get some better Price Breaks...Wink

Edited by Tressa - Sep 06 2013 at 10:44pm
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 12:27pm
I think it's this new glue that's on the market they maybe referencing. I highly doubt that the celebrities is using the BSS crap that's on the market.  Some of these adhesives I NOW see give me pause
gaiagaia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaiagaia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 11:50am
I'm agree with Printer_Ink!!!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Amillion Amillion wrote:

I think it's this new glue that's on the market they maybe referencing. I highly doubt that the celebrities is using the BSS crap that's on the market.  Some of these adhesives I NOW see give me pause

Yes, but ANY glue on the market is subject to the FDA guidelines. Shocked They aren't gonna suddenly start putting cancer causing adhesives in BSS .. just because of the now popular LF market nooo. Dead

That would be .. illegal.

How many Sally's Beauty Supply (type)  places want to risk jail/or extreme fines by stocking illegal products? What for?  LOTS of legal choices that they can sell.

Aside from that...  I NEVER buy my supplies from the BSS. Never. That would be rip off city in terms of pricing, advertising and quality.

I buy from reputable companies like www.hairdirect.com who have a ton of tapes and adheasives to choose from.

Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 10:23pm
While that may be true.  Several years ago, some BHMers wound up with headaches, lesions, tumours etc.. that went away. once the 
glue" stopped.  Lace wigs ramped up the sale of "glues"..in fact I found a brand of glue adn remover used for cancer patients that came from a pharmacy.  It was ridiculous in price and didn't adhere well.    How many cancer patients survive?  We have to be careful ladies...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 5:13am

Ummm but let's not start a panic on something that has not been proven .. or even brought to public attention.

If some BHMers got headaches, lesions and TUMOURS?  Where is this actually documented? What team of doctors researched and diagnosed this? How come this has not come to the attention of the FDA and they have initiated an investigation on this glue, pulled it from the market, (a recall) with means a major loss of revenue and the list goes on and on. There would be reprocussions to the entire (adhesive) industry if even ONE of the products is causing this kind of problem. Shocked People would lose money and that's always big news.

I don't care how many people are buying more glues .. the government is not gonna let manufacters just let anything into the American market. Do you know how long it takes the FDA to approve products? Years and years. Let's get real folks.

Again, men have been and are still wearing these units for the past 200 years. How come only BHMer are the ones getting lesions and (OMG!) TUMOURS? Really? etc specifically from the glue ... that suddenly  'disappear' when they stop using the glues? A tumour ... dissappears? That would be interesting.Shocked  How is it even proven that it is the glues that are causing the tumour?

Come on now. And WHICH GLUE in particular because I know a guy that works at the FDA in Silver Springs, Maryland so I could certainly give him an 'heads up' on a  dangerous product on the market. Just let me know.

I think that YES, some people have a reaction to certain adhesives .. that is clear. You might start itching (this happens to me with a certain glue) or you will get little bumps on your skin and when you stop using it .. the little bumps and the itching go away. That would constitute an allergic reaction but even if there was no warning on the packaging ... this would be a reasonable expectation to me. It's about your body chemistry. So then just try another brand - there are a ton of brands to try.

Geesh, all the zillions of people all around the world wearing tuppees and LF wigs but .. no one is aware that a particular glue (again.. which one?) is causing harm specifically to BHMers? How come none of those BHMer went public?

Nooooo and I think is hugely irresponsible to start such rumours on a forum like this .. when there is no proof. It just sounds like a scare tactic. 

Edited by Printer_Ink - Sep 30 2013 at 5:29am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>