Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Lace wig with side bang specs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bellabella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lace wig with side bang specs
    Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:27pm
I want to order a full lace wig and create a side bang in the front like the video below. The first wig I purchased was a bit bulky and wiggy looking at the front so I want to get it right this time. I had it thinned out at the front however it still had the 'closure-it's a wig!' look about it lol Confused
It was a stock lace wig so hopefully I can remedy that problem slightly by ordering a custom lace wig from a CV.
Can anyone help me by telling me what density in the video is at the front so I know what specs to give the CV?
Any help would be much appreciated...Smile
Sponsored Links

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:07pm
bella, that wig in the video was very thick, probably 100-110 % density. 

If you want a natural density, I'd say 80% is the better density.  But, since you are doing custom, why not just order it with a long bang at 80-90%?  I would do that, and then if it is too thick, you don't have a lot of thinning to do.  Any cv should be able to do that, and you can browse a site like Ruth's beauty or other vendor who has styled units, and send them the link.

eta: I do not like the wig in that video at all, sorry. LOL

Edited by PeacefulOne - Jan 23 2013 at 7:09pm
babigirl34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babigirl34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:44pm
The wig does look a little thick. I like the style she did w/ the bangs though. I see nothing wrong w/ it. Anyway, I agree w/ the poster before me... you should order a light density at about 80%. I own a unit that is 60-70% density throughout & it looks so natural. Friends who know I wear wigs were talking about me to my best friend & asking if the hair was my real hair & saying how much my hair grew. Nobody had a clue that it was a wig lol. Well with that being said, about 70 - 80% or so is a natural range. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:26pm

http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/niema-premium-malaysian-light-yaki-professionally-cut.html

Just as an example, I am NOT endorsing the site, just showing a picture of a more realistic density for a side bang, IMO.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:38pm
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Here are a couple more.

This one is thick too. I understand wanting a fuller look, so I go light density in the front and heavy in the back.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:56pm
Yes, it is on the heavy side, I think that with yaki hair, even some vendors light yaki, it comes out looking thick. Forget who it was here that posted a long while back, her BEAUTIFUL yaki or ks app, with like 70% density, and it was so beautiful!  I think it was Qualified . . . god her hair was FIERCE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:10am
Thanks for all the replies ladies. Now I see where I am going wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:14am
I'll have a browse through those sites. Never realized 70% density would be ok. It sounds so thin! I will have to give it a try...I'll ask for lighter in the front and heavier at the back.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:07am
Originally posted by bellabella bellabella wrote:

I'll have a browse through those sites. Never realized 70% density would be ok. It sounds so thin! I will have to give it a try...I'll ask for lighter in the front and heavier at the back.

You don't have to go that light. You could actually probably just tweeze your part on that unit to make it more realistic. The side bang was lovely though, and it was a nice tutorial.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic