Perfect Hair Collection

Lace Wig pro's and con's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
MissCapricorn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCapricorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:29pm
IA w/Becky
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 5:02pm
I would be careful scratching a lace wig, the hair can be scratched off (I know, it has happened to me).  This can happen in a silk top in the silk area, as well as the lace.
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 6:27pm
I never knew that about the hair colour being lighter around the face, it makes sense though when you think about it as the hair shaft is thinner i guess
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

I never knew that about the hair colour being lighter around the face, it makes sense though when you think about it as the hair shaft is thinner i guess

Yes, that's what I thought as well.

I am watching hairlines for this these days and and I am noticing this - though I probably will only lighten mine with a bit of lemon juice .. just to give it a bit of something subtle. Smile
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:36am
When I was watching 'The Iron Lady', the wigs they used on meryl all had much lighter hairs on the hairline and around the face. It was a more dramatic lightness than what you would usually want but it did make it look super realistic. Those wigs were rented wigs btw and when you see them in their natural state on the mannequin head, they look like any old business, but it shows what a difference good styling can make to a wig.
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 8:02am
Agreed.

The only thing is - that was a movie so they can use all sorts of smoke and mirrors to achieve a nice effect visually as we are sitting in our theatre seats watching the big screen. If we saw her in that unit in real life .. face to face .. it would probably look kindof false or odd. Embarrassed

As for the color .... as a dark brown Black woman  .,.. umm I will not lightened the coler around my face much as that would look very odd indeed. Wink But I will usea little lemon juice on my temples near my side burns to bring up the color a tad. I think I will put a bit of this juiice just where the parted hair lies too.

I really don't want it to be obvious at all ...
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:15pm
Yeah you're probably right, movie wigs in general would probably look a bit odd in real life. Most movie wigs I see have a great shape to the hairline but have WAY too much thickness in the front and sometimes all over. Look at any of the Twilight films and the wigs look really false.

Yeah natural 1b hair is just a very dark brown when a single strand is held to the light, so just having a slight lightness to the browness will probably give the effect you want. You have to come back and post some pictures of the unit if you do try this!
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:29pm
Óh nooo .. I never post my pictures anymore.

Not since someone here took my AVi and mocked it up with a blonde wig and whatnot and started an entire crazy a** thread about me that went on and on and on ... that I never did read. Hee hee! Some of these folks are crazy.Dead 

People still PM me about that thread ... and that was years ago.

Stunts like that are why so many people left this site.

Edited by Becky - Nov 22 2012 at 4:32pm
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:55pm
Whoah, seriously? Yeah I remember things did get a little crazy on here, this place was so lively when I first joined, it's like a ghost town now :s

Well tell us how it worked out then at least, lolll LOL
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 6:52am
Umm you missed all the cr** then. I used to be attacked on a regular basis - but I was not he only one - lots of people were beat up all the time. It was like a train wreck around here. Sexibeach had some crazy chick use her pic to actually impersonate her and deceive people if you can imagine that! Shocked

Lots of fights used to happen on this forum UGLY and then POOF (seemingly) one day ... everyone just left. People get tired of all that hateration and .. what for? It's the 'I don't like her' mentality.
Hee hee!

Reminds me of those shows you see on National Geographic about these ghetto girls that lost familly to gangs .. so now they jusy wanna hurt somebody. WILD. Shocked

And oddly ... some people actually miss all those fights. Shocked So just goes to show ...

So the regular vets are off to greener pastures Wink and I guess the nutcases are off to create drama in yet some other venue. Dead Hee hee! Shhh we shouldn't speak on them .. might call them back in.

I'll let you know how it turns out with my hair though. Tongue

Edited by Becky - Nov 23 2012 at 8:09am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures