FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace Wig pro's and con's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lace Wig pro's and con's
    Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 9:01pm
Hey you guys my sis will be buying me a lace wig for xmas.. i had a horrible experience with them long ago so i have been team weave ever since.. but i need to know the pro's and con's of wearing them thank you.. 
Sponsored Links

Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 11:15pm
I have been in Lace Wigs exclusively for almost 6 years ..  and love them. I will always wear Lace wigs. Clap

The Pros and Cons though can be different for each person depending on why you wear them and most importantly ... how much ramp time you are willing to put into them. It's not an easy quick fix type of style.  If you are thinking this .. you will end up with a bad application so you will not like results. Ouch

Pros: If you can afford to spend the money, time and energy on these units - you will have a flawless application and a lovely head of hair that looks like it is growing out of your head.

If you are growing out your natural hair and are trying to protect it - you can use the Lace wigs as a protective style.

If you are trying to get away from the (damaging) weaves ... these units are great because you do not NOT put the adhesive ON your hairline so your natural hair can grow out.

If you have major hairloss, Alopecia etc - you can keep your natural hair low and have a fantastic application. So again - it all gets down to WHY you are using the lace wigs.

No more waiting on the Hairdressor ALL DAY. You can learn to apply them yourself! Love it!

You can also attach the units with clips etc instead of adhesives. (The down side is that your edges will not look realistic and the hair clips etc will eventually damage your natural hair.)

If you want a new look every week  you can buy several units - different hair colors, lengths textures .. the works. (Of course, everyone will figure out that you are wearing wigs and wigs have a stigma attached to them - so you have to be prepared for this.)

Cons:

You have to go through a period of trial and error in terms of finding the right color, texture, style, length, haircut, density bleached knots or not, silk top or not, customiizing the hairline etc that works for you. This is definitely costly and time consuming as there is no 'one size fits all' approach to Lace Wigs.

(If you want a 'one size fits all' approach - you need to buy a regular (hard) wig and be done with it.)

You have to figure out what you are going to do with your natural hair underneath. If your natural hair is very short then the application will be very simple and fast. If you are using the wigs to grow out your hair and/or as an alternative to weaves so that you will go back and forth - you have a fairly big job ahead of you in terms of maitenance of your natural hair .. depending on it's length and thickness.

Of course, there is maintenance on the unit itself .. and you need several units if you plan on wearing them all the time. This is for all sorts of reasons therefore you have to buy the shampoo and conditioners etc for the units themselves.

So basically you will have 2 sets of hair supplies:
one set for 'Black girl hair'
and one set for 'White girl hair' - as you will be maintaining two heads of hair at any given moment.

Adhesives can be tricky. You have to find adhesives that work with your body chemisty .. and this takes time because there are zillions of them on the market. Again - trial and error. (But you can dance up a sweat all night and swim in your units .. if you take care to you apply them with the right adhesives.)

So it sounds like there area lot of Cons and the only a few Pros and this is true ... . but if you love the look and and you get your routine down pat ... your cost and time will be reduced dramatically and you will look great!

Again though ... Lace wigs are NOT the easy option. Shocked
Hopealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 11:49pm
yes, everyone has their own opinion about it. in my opinion, there has so may  pros of lace wigs. such as the hairline is more natural and like our own. it will not very easy to find you wear the wigs. we also can do the different hair styles as what we loved. it can make us feel more confidence when we wear the righ wigs. but there also have cons, such as if we wear the lace front or full lace wigs, we have to use the tape or glue, even though it will not bad for our health, we also can feel the inconvenient when use it.  
MsTiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsTiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 1:15am
Becky ... Very informative ... thank you!
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 7:34am
ITA with everything Becky has said!  (daily wear, f/t FLW wearer for nearly three years, and I only -now- feel like I know what I'm doing...)  
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 10:43am
Yup, Becky pretty much covered it! Wink
MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:03pm
Pro- The wind can blow and you're not scared to death that your tracks will showEmbarrassed

Con Finding a good vendorUnhappy
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:17pm
Miss CR has points, too.. once you don't do tracks/wefts, you never want to go back!

And good vendors are really hard to find - but that's true in the hair game across the board, isn't it?

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 11:52pm
thank you guys for replying and specifically you Becky this was really helpfulClap
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 5:24am
Yes, if the wind blows or if you are going to go 'boom boom' with your man Wink .. no worries. Nothing shows. This is because your side edges (should be) installed via a bit of glue (just a bit) so that it looks like it's growing out of your head. That way you can put the hair behind your ears .. and it looks real.

Now - note, as mentioned earlier, this means you have to invest the time into thining out your hairline CONSIDERABLY and cutting the hair on the edges to simulate real baby hairs. (The baby hair that comes with the units are too long and of course, the density is too thick!) So you have to correct this.

Umm (off topic) but along this line www.hairdirect.com just had a live session on the importance of your density being realistic. Some of the info I already figured out but one thing is .. the density around your face and the color of the hair around your face is typically thinner and lighter in color. so you need to mimick this appearanceif you want the improve the realism. I usually order 80% density but now I am ordering 70% in theTEMPLES and the FRONT and 80% everywhere else.

Anyway, they say they will add the video to theor library in a couple of weeks - so do check it out.

I DIGRESS!

If your man wants to hold your head etc .. no bumps .. no tracks (unless your natural hair is cornrowed etc). But there are no track bumps from the hair itself.

Another thing ... you know if you have an itch in the weave .. you have to 'pat' your head - which looks funny in real life. But in these units if your head itches you can just scratch your head!

If your hair gets messy or wind blown etc ... you can pull out your comb and comb your hair right there where you are! You can run the (broad toothed) comb all the way through your hair without fear of catching the tracks etc. (This is something I like because I am always out and about and I like to do a quick lipstick/haircomb/hand lotion fiix up).

Anyway .. if I think up any other advantages... I will let you know. Tongue

About the vendor.

Yes, this is a MAJOR ISSUE! You have you look in the Newbie thread that Sexibeach created years ago and locate a CV (Chinese vendor) THEN build a relationship with him.

Now... this means you have to be careful what you say as English is their second language and they don't always do things as you might expect. I find that if I am always friendly, patient and understanding... no matter what - it works out in the end. It's a TRIP.

Edited by Becky - Nov 21 2012 at 5:37am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>