BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Lace wig critique with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:15pm

Sponsored Links

JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Bre. Bre. wrote:

Is the hair parted all the way to the edge?  And it looks like it is "floating"...

Is this KS?  I do love the cut, she did a great job.

Yes it's all the way to the edge. I'm still learning the lace wig lingo...what's floating and KS?
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:31pm
When the front of the wig is lifted a bit and not on the top of the forehead, the second set of pictures don't show that but, it looked like it in the first.  It looks good, just make sure you brush the hair back to cover the wefts.  The wefts are visible in the first and second picture.  If you don't feel as though the part is wide enough you can pluck the part with tweezers.  Congrats on your wig!  You'll get the hang of it in no time! 
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Bre. Bre. wrote:

When the front of the wig is lifted a bit and not on the top of the forehead, the second set of pictures don't show that but, it looked like it in the first.  It looks good, just make sure you brush the hair back to cover the wefts.  The wefts are visible in the first and second picture.  If you don't feel as though the part is wide enough you can pluck the part with tweezers.  Congrats on your wig!  You'll get the hang of it in no time! 

Great...woohoo!..thanks! I'll take your advise and do that.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:47pm
Your going to have to tweeze it into perfection.Love the cut though.
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:52pm
Wait a second, you have not glued that unit down. Did you just put it on like a regular wig?If, not it looks like it is just sitting on your head. Please try using Got2BeGlued - spiking gel as an adhesive in front of your hairline not on your hairline.  Also wear a wig cap in your shade. I think you will love the results.
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

Wait a second, you have not glued that unit down. Did you just put it on like a regular wig?If, not it looks like it is just sitting on your head. Please try using Got2BeGlued - spiking gel as an adhesive in front of your hairline not on your hairline.  Also wear a wig cap in your shade. I think you will love the results.

Urm...yes I did Confused.
I've had probs with glue and tape..I'll look into the got2beglued...I gotta get this right for tonight!

Ya'll are very helpful! Smile

Edited by JazziAce - Dec 31 2012 at 4:08pm
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by JazziAce JazziAce wrote:

Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

Is this a human or syntheic lace wig? Is there a reason why the part doesn't start at the edge of the lace?

Its human...I noticed that this lace isnt the kind that I'm used to seeing...it doesn't melt into the skin or blend in..its rather thick..even when pressed on my scalp you can see it.
Where did you purchase this wig? I know you said its human but the lace does not look like its laying as flat as it should. And in the close up shots I noticed that there are tracks showing in the back of the wig. How is you natural hair styled under the wig? Maybe that's why it isnt laying perfectly flat. You natural hair maybe braided in a bulkly pattern.

Edited by starliteboo - Dec 31 2012 at 4:08pm
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 4:30pm
There are a few things you could do to improve the illusion which is what lacefronts attempts to create. Tweeze a few of the hairs around the hairline of the part.  I think that's why people think the lace doesn't begin there.  The hairs laying in the part area makes it look dark. 
Next pull the wig down a little more so that it's taunt in the crown area.  The knots are showing in the crown which means it not laying flat against the wig cap which creates the illusion of scalp.

Third add a little concealer or eyeshadow in a color close to the part color to better define the part.

Love the cut!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:02am
Another thing you can try to hide the grid is to use a silicon gel sheet at the part.  Scroll down to see Sexi's post.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/ways-of-creating-natural-scalp-appearance-on-lw_topic320008_page2.html

Edited by chatnoir - Jan 01 2013 at 12:55am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic