Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lace wig critique with pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:38pm
I agree with the other girls - this my input though.

The hair itself whether it is KS, or whatever is secondary to the install. It's the hairline and the 'part' that is always the focus because that's how you can tell it it's a wig. Umm in this case .. it looks like a wig that you set up on your head. Reasons...

- the 'part' is too dense. There is hardly any 'scalp' showing so you need to tweeze the part .. a lot
- the unit appears to be 'floating' on your head .. like the unit is not flat to your head. You need glue and tape to really 'install' the unit. 
- when the hair on your forehead ends - right away .. you see your smooth skin. This is not natural. You need to create a transition between the two  - meaning creating baby hairs of some sort. The way you get the baby hairs (make them quite short and thin) lay down is with a touch of adhesive
- When I see the close up .. I see the grids and then I see your black hair peeking through the grids. You need to utilize one of the many way to disguise this. The one way is the Colban self adhesive strips  - but there are many ways. You have to get rid of those grids though.
- I see where the weft begins too so this is not a Full Lace wig. A  full lace wig does not have wefts. They hand tie the knots all over the unit. So you need to somehow disguise the weft showing like it does
- In one pic I see you have applied makeup to the 'part' but this makes the color of your 'scalp' a different 'hue' than the color of your skin - so it looks odd. This is a difficult thing to achieve actually

Anyway, I am not trying to be hard on you Smile - I am just telling you what I see ... so that you can correct or improve your apllication.

Hey,we all had to start somewhere so keep plugging .. you will get there!  Tongue

Edited by Becky - Jan 01 2013 at 2:43pm
Sponsored Links

JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

I agree with the other girls - this my input though.

The hair itself whether it is KS, or whatever is secondary to the install. It's the hairline and the 'part' that is always the focus because that's how you can tell it it's a wig. Umm in this case .. it looks like a wig that you set up on your head. Reasons...

- the 'part' is too dense. There is hardly any 'scalp' showing so you need to tweeze the part .. a lot
- the unit appears to be 'floating' on your head .. like the unit is not flat to your head. You need glue and tape to really 'install' the unit. 
- when the hair on your forehead ends - right away .. you see your smooth skin. This is not natural. You need to create a transition between the two  - meaning creating baby hairs of some sort. The way you get the baby hairs (make them quite short and thin) lay down is with a touch of adhesive
- When I see the close up .. I see the grids and then I see your black hair peeking through the grids. You need to utilize one of the many way to disguise this. The one way is the Colban self adhesive strips  - but there are many ways. You have to get rid of those grids though.
- I see where the weft begins too so this is not a Full Lace wig. A  full lace wig does not have wefts. They hand tie the knots all over the unit. So you need to somehow disguise the weft showing like it does
- In one pic I see you have applied makeup to the 'part' but this makes the color of your 'scalp' a different 'hue' than the color of your skin - so it looks odd. This is a difficult thing to achieve actually

Anyway, I am not trying to be hard on you Smile - I am just telling you what I see ... so that you can correct or improve your apllication.

Hey,we all had to start somewhere so keep plugging .. you will get there!  Tongue

Oh no no..I appreciate the responses Smile I want to get this right. This has turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I'm studying and doing more reading than I am for my last bachelor's degree class...LOL
I have a very broad line of demarcation where the lace ends and where my skin is..I used the sally hansen to hide the knots..I'm thinking that this is where my problem with the hairline is coming from because like you said too, the color is off. as for the part..yes I've been plucking and almost put a hole in the unit. I left it alone last night...got a bit frustrated and will be back at it again shortly.

As for the floating I think this unit might be too large?..well it fits around my head but the sides (where my ears are) it comes past my ears. I dont know how to cornrow so I two strand twist my hair and bobby pin them down as tight as I can. But I am going to tape or glue this unit down all the way to see if this makes a difference too....yes it is a lace front. I had been advised to use Got2b which I picked up last night...after reading about it this seems like it's pretty easy to use.
Big smile
Sooooo..here I go again..lemme get to plucking!
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 3:47pm
So I have the hairline down..I'm still getting that broad line of demarcation..this is irritating. I'm on the verge of just wearing this lace front with a cap.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 4:28pm
Hi Jazzi,

Have you been able to tone down the color of the lace in the part a bit?  Try a color that will tone down the orange, that will help with the line of demarcation between where your part ends and your skin begins at the hairline. 
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Hi Jazzi,

Have you been able to tone down the color of the lace in the part a bit?  Try a color that will tone down the orange, that will help with the line of demarcation between where your part ends and your skin begins at the hairline. 

ok...I THINK I have it now...lemme upload these pics...give me about 10 mins.
boy I'm tired..lol.
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:00pm
ok...so I didn't tape or glue the unit down because I've been taking it off and on...so it may still appear to be floating..??? I noticed that I can still see the grid...I was gonna try the silicon sheets tomorrow.
I changed the part about 2-3 times. I added in a mixture of consealer and some old liquid foundation that I had on the inside part of the lace front. Soooo...???

*fingers crossed*

lillydee69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lillydee69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:15pm
it does look much better.. did you tweeze and what glue did you use? thanks,,,
shannelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shannelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:22pm
the part definitely looks better,good job!
JazziAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JazziAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by lillydee69 lillydee69 wrote:

it does look much better.. did you tweeze and what glue did you use? thanks,,,
I did but I think I need to tweeze a little more.
I used Got2b spiking gel to test it out...it held pretty good and then I wiped it off with soap water and a towel and continued with the wig,
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:36pm
Much better; good job.

I use clear surgical tape to create my natural part. Same method Meechie use in the following YT videos below.

How to create a natural part on a lace wig part 1

How to create a natural part in a lace wig part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcfzufZtmng

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake