Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Lace Wig Adhesives

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
angeloflace1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeloflace1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lace Wig Adhesives
    Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 1:31pm
Which is the best adhesives to use and why?
Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 5:46pm
The best adhesive for "you" will depend on your body chemistry.  What may be da bomb adhesive for someone may not work so well for others.

My preference at the moment is Ghost Bond XL for the front because it:
  • simple to use
  • dries quickly
  • lasts me about a week before it starts to break down
For the nape, I use blue liner tape paired with Davyn green or Davlyn black, basically for the same reason.  Easy to use, and nape holds for about 5 days.

My backup adhesives/tapes for the front are supertape and Mastix P spirit gum.  Supertape used to give me a rash, but for some reason it no longer bothers me, probably because I used to pair it a skin protectant that caused a bad reaction (go figure).
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 5:47pm
hi there...many here use ghost bond (hairdirect.com) and love it...i use stick it tape and davyln black..stick it peels out of your lace is not as shiny and lasts a very long time with hardly any residue left on the wig...good luck in your search Cool
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 3:25pm
I stopped using glue and now I use Got2Be glued method but if I'm going away and need that sucker down then I would use tape with a smidge of ultra hold
Hopealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 11:31pm
i think the best way is to avoid using it. maybe you can try the glueless wig
Confection10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Confection10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 4:31am
Oil Resistant White Glue; keeps well a week and never irritates.

Prairieflower1960 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prairieflower1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 5:15pm
I use Invisibond and get a 3 week hold.Smile
katykat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 8:29pm
I like Oil Resistant White Glue, I ran out at the moment and I'm just using ultra hold tape. I might stick with that as you can put it on immediately and I can get around 3 days hold.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply