Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlace front glue

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
salee881 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: lace front glue
    Posted: Sep 10 2005 at 1:41am
Can anybody tell me what would be the best adhesive glue to buy for lace fronts and where to but it?  I have read post from people who said that they have been swimming and exercising without their piece sliding off but they didn't really mention what type of glue they used.
Sponsored Links

Nita81 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2005 at 1:49am
I found lacefront clue at coolpiece.com. They have a few to choose from
Phenomenal Joy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2005 at 9:05am

For  swimming etc, I think the tape would be better than glue.  But the Tight Grip is supposed to last longer than the Spirit Gum as far as glues go. 

I buy tape & glue from adventhair.com

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2005 at 6:02pm

hi,

I use tape and  glue. I have very oily skin on my t-zone. I just prep my hairline with alcohol and skin protector. I then put the tape tabs on the unit. I dab glue on the tape strips and wait a few minutes. You don't need much glue, just a dab . I then put it on. I press for a minute or so and thats it. I keep my piece on for a least a week this way and it has averaged 97 degrees here almost everyday plus I workout everyday. On cooler days I can wear it much longer. The longest that I have worn the wig was 2 weeks. I needed to wash my hair and that is why I took it off; it could have lasted longer. I used Euro tabs and tight grip.

Godsflowerrr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2005 at 8:10pm
Thank you so much ladies!!!
beauty05 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2005 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

hi,

I use tape and  glue. I have very oily skin on my t-zone. I just prep my hairline with alcohol and skin protector. I then put the tape tabs on the unit. I dab glue on the tape strips and wait a few minutes. You don't need much glue, just a dab . I then put it on. I press for a minute or so and thats it. I keep my piece on for a least a week this way and it has averaged 97 degrees here almost everyday plus I workout everyday. On cooler days I can wear it much longer. The longest that I have worn the wig was 2 weeks. I needed to wash my hair and that is why I took it off; it could have lasted longer. I used Euro tabs and tight grip.

Hi Jolieprincess, does the tape stick directly to your skin or to the tape strips?  How do you remove the glue and the old tape from the unit when you need to replace it?  I'm very interested in lace fronts but I'm scared about the glue situation and my hairline? On the adventhair site, it says that the Euro-flex mini bonding adhesive tabs are good for attaching non-lacefronts.  Can you see the tape thru the lace? Also where do purchase tight grip because I didn't see it on the adventhair site.

cocowhite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2005 at 3:34pm

I got Tight Grip from hair systems designs and I got three different tapes, scalp protector from adventhair.

Bbabe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2005 at 3:12am
Originally posted by caligirl caligirl wrote:

I got Tight Grip from hair systems designs and I got three different tapes, scalp protector from adventhair.

Why 3 different tapes? Which one worked best?

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2005 at 8:58am

Hi,

The tape must adhere to your skin, if it adhered to itself (tape strips) then your lacefront would never get attached. You can follow Adventhair advice. They have a tape that cannot be seen through the lace.

ETA: I bought the glue from CHicago. I just looked up hair replacement in my phone book and called around. My glue is actually called "Cool Grip," I forgot to correct that in my previous post. The bottle has a green cap.

Edited by joileprincess
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply