BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

LACE DISASTER :( :( :(

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LACE DISASTER :( :( :(
    Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 8:02pm
Okay, since APEX HAIRS is such a bad company and I was told my order of tape, remover, and scalp protector was arriving today when it wasn't, i went to purchase glue. The glue turned out horribly I'm not even gonna get into that, let's just say my forehead is red and there's some glue in the lace. It was so messy. It looked so weird so I'm worried especially since I lead a freshman orientation program this weekend and it looks SO fake. 

Anyways. Is tape less messier and more easier to apply than glue? The tuts on youtube make it look flawlwess. I'm thinking of leaving some of my edges and hairline out to blend in for a natural look. The thing is, the lace curls up so how can I adhere the lace wig behind my hairline? Can I just put the wig cap on and put the tape on the wig cap and attach it on there so that it doesn't curl back?

Do you think it'd look natural if I left a little of my hairline out with the front adhered to the wig cap so that it stays in place and the back/nape is taped down? I just wanted a natural look for this year. PLEASE HELP! :(
Sponsored Links

pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:12pm
i think people use the elastic ban method to prevent the lace from curling up both with hair out in the front and without hair out. it makes the wig lay really flat. youtube (wig) elastic band method or tootsies mom method and you should get some vids on it. it looks pretty simple
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:36pm
OP you are doing the most right now with the glue tape and everything else. Just use got2be gel and your good to go without the mess or clean up. yes you can put the lace behind your hairline. I think it looks the best that way anyway.
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 5:19am
I've used Got2B gel and it didn't adhere at all. So i can put it behind m hairline with tape too? 

I've tried the elastic band method, didn't work either. :( 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 7:14am
No, do not use tape or glue ... if you set it behind your hairline. This will definitely damage your natural hair and how could it not damage your natural hair ... if you put glue on it? You could try using a wig cap or a wrap so that the glue gets on this and not your hair ... but you need to work with it.

(This is why so many people wearing weaves have lost so much of the density of their hair ... if the not the hairline itself - the glue and the 'outting' of your hair. I just watched Temara (from Sister Sister) and 20 years ago as teens -  both Tia and Temara had thick curly long hair. Beautiful. But now at 35 with years of wearing the weaves ... I can watch their reality show and seeeeee the damaged hair - on Temarta at least, I have not seen Tia's hair yet. Anyway I know girls in real life withe same problem... 25 some years of outting your hair whether from wigs or weaves will mess up your hair.

IMO the unit needs to be applied on your skin with tape. I use tape and there mostly no cleanup and the unit looks like mine.

Now you said when you put the unit on your head without your natural hair out - it looks fake?

Okay, that means you have you sit down and 'doctor' on it. In general you cannot buy these units, take them out of the package and put them on your head. If you do - yes, they will look fake and if they are lonnng .. they will look super fake.

You have to sit down and work with it.

- Layer the hair- especially around your face
-Thin out the sides especially!
- get up close and cut in thin, short baby hairs
- work with the application so that it sits just so on your head
- also.. it may be that you have ordered the wrong texture or color or length - or that your knots are not yet bleached and the list goes on and on

You have to find you way ... and this takes time, money and energy. A LOT of it so perhaps wearing this unit at the last minute before this important event was not good timing.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Aug 15 2013 at 7:16am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic