Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Labor time!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.84  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:12pm
One more thing--my husband and I sat down together last night and read this entire thread!  As exhausted parents we had a good laugh, he really got a kick out of you ladies. I have to say, gifs REALLY add to topics like this! Thank you guys for the well wishes and for entertaining us. Last night was kinds rough, because Hezekiah just would not stop screaming all night. The only thing that settled him down was putting him to my breast...and I already told you all what shape my nipples are inOuch So yeah this thread delivered much needed encouragement!!Tongue
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:24pm
breastfeed & bottle feed

trust me
TayTay View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TayTay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

what is the "ring of fire?"

That is the sensation a woman feels when the babies' head is crowning.
That is too civil a way to describe it if you ask meAngry
Like I said, it felt like acid was thrown on my vagina!
That was the single most terrifying moment of my life. ..and my body kept forcing me to push my way though it--I couldn't control it, like when you vomit! It was involuntary, as though some other force took over my body.....TERRIFYING!!! I can't sugar coat thisSleepy

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

breastfeed & bottle feed

trust me

I am on it!! I have ten more days until my nipples callous up, then I will pull out my trusty pump.Tongue
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:36pm
on a scale from 1-10, how bad was the pain?
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:42pm
I learned proper breast feeding by going to that organization that specializes and supports breastfeeding --La Leche League.  Before I was doing it wrong, and once they showed me how to do it right--my nipples didn't hurt any more.  Only went to 1-2 mtgs, tho.  They were a bit "kooky"LOL  Do you have some cream you can put on them also?

My milk came in a day or two later and did my breasts swell up!!  I was like WOW! LOL

Congrats again!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

on a scale from 1-10, how bad was the pain?

110LOL but only during the ring of fire!

Otherwise, I would say an 8.5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

I learned proper breast feeding by going to that organization that specializes and supports breastfeeding --La Leche League.  Before I was doing it wrong, and once they showed me how to do it right--my nipples didn't hurt any more.  Only went to 1-2 mtgs, tho.  They were a bit "kooky"LOL  Do you have some cream you can put on them also?

My milk came in a day or two later and did my breasts swell up!!  I was like WOW! LOL

Congrats again!!!

I would like to go just to meet other moms!
My midwife and doula are lactation consultants as well.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 12:53am
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

breastfeed & bottle feed

trust me

I am on it!! I have ten more days until my nipples callous up, then I will pull out my trusty pump.Tongue

Your nipples are swollen/soft from giving birth? 

EDIT: that was a dumb question of course they're swollen if they are full of milk lol

Edited by niecy - Dec 24 2012 at 12:54am
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 12:56am
childbirth is awesome!

congrats again.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon