Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Labor time!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 40>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 25 Votes, Average 4.84  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Hezekiah: "YAH strengthens"Approve

Congrats! This thread was so inspirational and exciting!!!

Yes this definition sealed the deal for us even though we decided on this hypothetical name for a son before we got married!

Yesterday was one of the most beautifully horrifying days of my life. After I dilated to 7 centimeters stuff got real. The pressure in my bladder was unbearable by that point. I thought I had to pee but I didn't.
it took THREE hours  to get to eight centimeters. By this time it was 5:30 pm.
My midwife offered to break my water which I agreed to. This is when I feel labor began. I started having extremely intense contraction with an unbearable urge to push. I basically had a 7 lb turd lodged in my rectum and I couldn't run. That is a terrifying place to be. At this point I was laboring in the water.

My husband informed me this morning  that I choked him for the better part of 45 minutes while I pushed with each contraction. He was behind me in the birthing pool and I had my arms up over my head clasped around his neck. Apparently I shoved my head into his throat with every contraction.
I remember that , but it never occurred to me to care in that moment how he felt, I was just trying to survive.
The final 5 contractions were pivotal to me. The third to last push felt like my clitoris ripped in half. Ring of fire my butt--it felt more like someone pour acid on my clitoris.
I felt this tearing continue as I pushed with the 4th and final contraction. Once I pushed his body out I felt like a new person.
THEN
I had to push out the placenta
. I thought that was the easy part.
It hurt. I was so frustrated I didn't even look at my child for the 1st few minutes. Then they put him on my chest for skin to skin contact and to nurse. I cried like a fool and did my husband. He latched right on and begin to nurse.  After 20 minutes I felt like my nipples had been scalded with boiling water. Once everything got cleaned up, I really looked at my baby and fell in love.

This little dude is a huge blessing and I am looking forward to the journey of parenthood!!!

That being said, NEVER again!!!! lol.

Aww thanks for the update Wifey! Your little one is soo adorable...but yes you have also made me rethink natural childbirth. Sleepy I will be numbed from the waist down.lol!
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:12am
even after reading your post, wifey, i'm still going to try the natural route...i'm just going to make sure that epidural is close, lol.

did you feel very comfortable in the water? were you in a hospital or birth center?
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:52am
That baby!!!

He is so handsome   Cry 

LOL at the side eye.    LOLLOLLOLLOL

His eyes look light...are they?
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Girlllllllllllllll...  first of all let me say I am happy that u and GKjr made it out okay and are doing well....

A few things

1. Love the name
2. TY TY TY  for confirming that body will neva be ready for birthing no babies ... Many props to u and any woman who goes through that...I might just have to get my moms an extra gift this Xmas because I was the only chile she had natural and I was 7lbs 11oz.
3. When I saw lil man I was like..I aint know u was a cardholda

but then I was like
AwWwwWwwWwW

I can't wait to hear about ur journey into motherhood. Wishing the best for u and the family going forth

Aww thank you LOLLOLLOL
I am slow....what is a card holder?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:35pm
^of team swirlLOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

have you tried walking around a little? is that working out okay? 

I was up until the end...it was just too hard by then.
When all was said and done I got OUT of that tub, it was just too hot!!!!
I ended up delivering on my side on the futon in the nurseryDead
The water really helped me manage my contractions though!
But it did NOT lesson the pain or intensity. If anything it was nice to enjoy the water in between contractions. I would definitely use one again. I made it to 8 centimeters with my sanity intact because of that water!Star
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

now that the blessing that is Hezekiah is here....let me speak on behalf of a child that is only a day old.  I know Hezekiah would want me to say this tho....Please don't short change this child by giving him combo-gifts.   This is coming from a holiday child.  It is scornful and hurtful.  Please....please bless this child with separate birfday and xmas gifts. 

Many Blessings,
NewD.

Big smile

I wouldn't! I am so glad he was not born on his original due date of 12-25 though.
That would have been tough!!! I definitely want him to focus on the birth of Christ and what that means for the world. This is such a wonderful time of year! I am glad he came during the holiday season <3

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

HE CAME OUT THE CANAL WITH A SIDE EYE!!!  Yes.  That is BHM's child right thur.LOL  He looks so put out.....I love it.  Precious.  *proceeds to eat his cheeks and footsies*

LOLLOLLOL
He has been looking like that the whole time!LOL
He finally smiled for the 1st time this morning after I fed him. This was his 1st taste of actual breast milk. It finally came in this morning at around 5am and my breast are SO heavy and tight!!! The burning sensation is no joke. My midwife says it'll pass once my bod figures out how much he needs. This little dude is voracious and nurses like a champ! My nipples look like raw ground beef. Ouch

My midwife and doula were at my house and took a peek at them. Apparently that is normal. I thought this only happened with an improper latch, but he has been latching correctly the whole time. I thought nipple pain could be avoided so long as the nipple was pushed past the hard palette in the baby's mouth.
Not the case for me at all. Apparently it will take weeks for my nips to callous up, then the pain should subside.

It seems like everything is so hard for womenLOL I am so glad I don't know the future, I would have completely avoided parenthood had I known  all this ahead of timeLOL I couldn't imagine my life without this little boyCryHeart It seems like my love increases EVERYDAY!!!!  I would do anything for him.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

^of team swirlLOL

OooohLOL
*puts on dunce cap*
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

That being said, NEVER again!!!! lol.

LOL It wears off later...believe me it does for many of us. Breast feeding does hurt at first but after a few weeks it gets better. If you find yourself having problems ask for help. Warm showers help ease things. He is such a cutie! Big smile

http://www.llli.org/

I just don't think it ever willLOLCry
The labor was such a wonderful experience, up until that last hour and a half. If it weren't for the ring of fire, I would have 2 more without hesitation! I just was not physically or spiritually prepared for this!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 40>