Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedLa India Hair Creme

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BrownBeauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 10:31am
Originally posted by SweetWhispers SweetWhispers wrote:

My sister used to use it on my neices hair ( she's 5) that crap stunk like hell! And it was expensive for some petrolium. She only used on her hair, apparently its a goood pomade, but hair growth i dunno....

LOLLOLLOL

Yeah it is some stinky stuff!  Like they say, some of the stinkiest things work wonders.  So I shall see what happens.
Sponsored Links

miss_westindies View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by BrownBeauty BrownBeauty wrote:

Hmmm.  I have weird color hair.  One stylist described it as a "mossy" brown color.  Whatever that is. Confused  But I don't mind dark hair.  I just want to get my hair strong as it grows longer.  I've been contemplating getting the Dabur Amla Oil, but I also like how light my hair looks in the sun.  I might just use it during the winter time when my hair is darker and then maybe stop during the summer months.

Also, do you use the Amla Oil as a pre-poo or as a sealant?

Pre-poo, I coudln't stomach leaving it in for too long...I do it overnight though for maxium benefits.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 3:15pm
miss_westindies: I'll try it as as a pree-poo and see how it goes.  Another question.  Have you tried the Dabur Jasmine Oil or Coconut Oil?  If so, what's your opinion on it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 8:06pm
Nope, I've only used the Amla but I've been trying to find out what Jasmine oil is meant to do and whether I need it. I'm also interested in trying the Vatika oil (a blend of coconut, amla and henna) I've seen some people mention it on LHCF.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2006 at 8:55pm
See, now you are wrong for mentioning the Vatika Hair Oil. LOL  I am trying to control my PJism and this sounds interesting after reading up on it on the Dabur website.   This is what it says:

Vatika Hair Oil is a delicate mix of pure coconut 
oil with special hair care herbs including henna, amla 
and lemon. Blended together to strengthen each strand 
of hair from within, making you look really gorgeous.

Should I or should I not get this?!?!?  LOL

BTW, I will be tracking my progress in my fotki weekly to see if I get any progress with the La India Hair Creme.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 3:04am
Brownbeauty, I am so dissapointed.  My Mom came home with four jars of La India Olive Oil Hair Pomade Cry.  Although I was born In Jamaica, I had absolutely no idea that La India is made in Jamaica.  I found out, when I got these jars.  I will be using the olive oil pomade to seal my ends.  It does not have the most pleasant smell also Unhappy.

I pulled out my almost full bottle of MTG, and used about a tablespoon in a container, and added two drops of peppermint oil.  I shampooed my hair, deep conditioned, and oiled my scalp with the mixture.  To be honest, with me using a small amount, I think that I will be able to tolerate the smell.  I hope that I will see some progress, when the bottle is finished.  I am going to commit myself to using this mixture three times per week.  I hope that I will have my digital camera by then.  I will be able to show my progress.  I already have some pictures that were taken by my phone camera, I am trying to find out how I can upload them.  Please let me know of your progress, take care Big smile.

Edited by Claudie - Aug 07 2006 at 3:05am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 12:30pm

BB, I felt the same thing when I first heard about the Vatika!

tyrico View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 12:56pm
Sorry question...What is PJ

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 1:17pm
PJ= Product Junkie (Someone who rushes out to buy every new product they hear about and some without actually needing them)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2006 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Brownbeauty, I am so dissapointed.  My Mom came home with four jars of La India Olive Oil Hair Pomade Cry.  Although I was born In Jamaica, I had absolutely no idea that La India is made in Jamaica.  I found out, when I got these jars.  I will be using the olive oil pomade to seal my ends.  It does not have the most pleasant smell also Unhappy.

I pulled out my almost full bottle of MTG, and used about a tablespoon in a container, and added two drops of peppermint oil.  I shampooed my hair, deep conditioned, and oiled my scalp with the mixture.  To be honest, with me using a small amount, I think that I will be able to tolerate the smell.  I hope that I will see some progress, when the bottle is finished.  I am going to commit myself to using this mixture three times per week.  I hope that I will have my digital camera by then.  I will be able to show my progress.  I already have some pictures that were taken by my phone camera, I am trying to find out how I can upload them.  Please let me know of your progress, take care Big smile.

The La India Hair Creme that I have has olive oil it and just like yours, it stinks. Dead  But If it is going to help my hair grow, I am going to tolerate the smell.   I have a fotki set up, but I only took pictures last night. I am about 10 days post and I will be tracking my progess weekly in my fotki. I'll post my fotki addy here at the end of the month to show my progress to see if I have any.  Oh, yeah, La India is made in Kingston, Jamaica.

Edited by BrownBeauty - Aug 07 2006 at 4:00pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>