Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LA Clipper Owner: Dont Bring Blacks To My Games
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

LA Clipper Owner: Dont Bring Blacks To My Games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 122>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.17  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:41pm
What does the average person do though?  Not watch the playoffs?  
Sponsored Links

SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

How do we take a stand that actually means something though?  How do we take a stand against racism that affects the racists and not the victims? 

I'm all for taking the right stand.  It feels like the players who have worked their butts off to get to the playoffs and sitting their games out seems like punishing them for remarks made by the owner who'll be home in his mansion with his many times over more millions than them.  This guys pockets are DEEP.  He's been an owner since '81.  Empty stands for a few games is not going to change sh*t for him.  

If anything would work, it would be the ENTIRE NBA to strike until he's fired and fined up the ass.  He's a known racist with known and well documented slaps on the wrist.  Make him step down but let the players play.

The best way to get there is the snowball effect

Annoy the sponsors

Hashtag

Discuss

If black twitter trends, messy will follow.

That is always the beginning of the end. You think we can leap past the smaller efforts first?

Start small, continue to apply pressure. The only way the bolded will happen is through consistency. 
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:45pm
Her instagram is public now.

http://instagram.com/vstiviano

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:47pm

What does the average person do though?  Not watch the playoffs?  

The average person is gonna like a few posts on fb/insta, shake their heads a few times, chat about it on a forum or with their friends...and then go back to business as usual and watch the game with some .50 cent buffalo wings.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

How do we take a stand that actually means something though?  How do we take a stand against racism that affects the racists and not the victims? 

I'm all for taking the right stand.  It feels like the players who have worked their butts off to get to the playoffs and sitting their games out seems like punishing them for remarks made by the owner who'll be home in his mansion with his many times over more millions than them.  This guys pockets are DEEP.  He's been an owner since '81.  Empty stands for a few games is not going to change sh*t for him.  

If anything would work, it would be the ENTIRE NBA to strike until he's fired and fined up the ass.  He's a known racist with known and well documented slaps on the wrist.  Make him step down but let the players play.

The best way to get there is the snowball effect

Annoy the sponsors

Hashtag

Discuss

If black twitter trends, messy will follow.

That is always the beginning of the end. You think we can leap past the smaller efforts first?

Start small, continue to apply pressure. The only way the bolded will happen is through consistency. 

Good points.  I've had twitter for years and never use it.  About to login and start hashtagging.  
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:51pm
The entire NBA should be speaking up. They have rules and regulations and should be handling this in house. I want the players to speak up but that's deflecting the fact that the people in charge of the NBA aren't doing what they need to do.

I remembered a racist baseball owner being sanctioned. If baseball can do it why not the nba?

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:56pm
If the NBA cared about his racism they would have done something years ago when he was sanctioned by the justice department. I guess they felt like his several million dollar fine was punishment enough.

People only care about the bottom line. This will quickly be forgotten and it will be back to business as usual.
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 10:57pm
We have to put the pressure on em.

I highly suggest mothers and fathers start the "what about the babies" angle.

Play up how his racist rants are intolerable for impressionable kids to witness. "My son and I always watch the game together" 

*Cue clutched pearls*

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

If the NBA cared about his racism they would have done something years ago when he was sanctioned by the justice department. I guess they felt like his several million dollar fine was punishment enough.

People only care about the bottom line. This will quickly be forgotten and it will be back to business as usual.

I just think it's ridiculous that the nfl will be imposing fines on players for using the n word, baseball suspended owners for racist remarks, and the nba seems to turn a blind eye while people are asking the players to do the commissioners job.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 11:08pm
so any news of what is happening to his ex when their convo was leaked?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 122>
  Share Topic