Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - LA Clipper Owner: "Don't Bring Blacks To My Games"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LA Clipper Owner: "Don't Bring Blacks To My Games"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 126>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.17  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 9:39pm
^^^Dead
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:25pm

AIDS vs HIV

HIV, the Human Immunodeficiency Virus, is the virus that causes AIDS.

AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) is the name given for a variety of disease manifestations caused by HIV infection.

What is it? AIDS is a disease that results from being infected with HIV. It occurs when the individual’s immune system is weakened by HIV to a point where the individual develops one or more of about 25 ‘opportunistic infections’ (OIs).

HIV is a virus (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). HIV harms the body’s immune system by attacking certain cells, known as helper T cells or CD4 cells. A weakened immune system is not able to defend the body against illnesses.
How does it spread? Only individuals affected with HIV can develop AIDS. HIV infection usually progresses to AIDS in an average of 10 years. However, someone in a resource-poor area who might not be adequately nourished may well progress to AIDS and death more rapidly. HIV is transmitted through sexual contact, blood (e.g. sharing syringes during drug use or medical use), and from mother to child during pregnancy, birth or via breast milk. HIV is not spread through casual contact, hugging or shaking hands.

Relationship Between HIV and AIDS

HIV is the virus that may cause AIDS. Not everyone who is infected with HIV develops AIDS. People can live with HIV for years without the disease ever developing into AIDS. It is during this time that the greatest strides against the disease can be taken with proper treatment.

Virus and its effect

HIV belongs to a subset of viruses called retroviruses or slow virus and it is grows in strength over time. HIV is entered through the body through the mucous membranes or through blood to blood contact.

Once you get the virus it slowly begins to attack the immune system, killing off healthy immune system cells. The deterioration and destruction of immune function leads to AIDS, but this could take anywhere between months and years. AIDS is the final stage of the HIV infection.

People with AIDS can get many different kinds of diseases which a healthy person's body would normally fight off quite easily. The body’s immune system is slowly being attacked until it is destroyed and can't fight off infections.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:34pm
I mean I know what it is....but once your blood cell count gets below a certain number you are diagnosed w/AIDS even if your blood cell count goes back up and remains there for 20 years.  I remember the professor telling us Mike had AIDS even if his blood cell count is now normal. We asked.

.......at least that is what I remember from my AIDS & Emerging Diseases course in college
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I mean I know what it is....but once your blood cell count gets below a certain number you are diagnosed w/AIDS even if your blood cell count goes back up and remains there for 20 years.  I remember the professor telling us Mike had AIDS even if his blood cell count is now normal. We asked.

.......at least that is what I remember from my AIDS & Emerging Diseases course in college

Mike who? u mean Magic? I didn't know he was diagnosed with AIDS, I thought it was just HIV. I still wanna know who he got it from. 
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Is it possible he said Mike had the virus that can cause AIDS ?

I know HIV+ and AIDS are sometimes used interchangeably, but the people who are HIV+ gets offended if someone refers to them as having AIDS.

Just a PC thing
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:55pm
PC? Um I couldn't care less about differentiating between AIDS and HIV....being offended about that is such a waste of their time.......

Edited by mizzsandra00 - May 13 2014 at 10:57pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:57pm
who the hell is mike lol
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

who the hell is mike lol

I am afraid to ask.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 11:12pm
girls--i mean Magic.  All them basketball playing negroes look alike...no Donald Sterling
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 11:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 126>
  Share Topic