Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Kola Boof writes new article on Zoe Saldana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 3.91  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

What movies has Zoe been in?
I can only think of two.

i remember columbiana
she had a small role in vantage point

tbh thats all i can remember

she has a movie with bradley cooper coming out but that looks boring

girl that came out and left the theatres. lol
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:28pm
The story is fictional so I don't even know why they went through the trouble of all the hair and makeup....
They could have just made it a regular romantic drama or whatever.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:29pm
bhm ate my post

did Kola's "show" ever kick off?
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

thanks bunny. i`d forgotten how many films she was in. i guess i`ll go back and read the article now....
ur welcome, but 90% of her roles I never even heard ofLOL  I guess most of her movies aren't really popular
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

Hey, Hey I get it.

I'm just saying that movies like Just Wright, Most Tyler Perry movies, Think like a man, are meant to appeal to the black audiences. I don't know about you but those movies don't do too well here (white folk city). It's only movies like "Dream Girls" and ""Ray Charles" that have become popular because of the main cast; Jamie Foxx and Beyonce. Even the horrible movie "Obsessed" was a hit in the box office because Beyonce was the main woman.

In order to make this movie a "hit" then they kinda have to throw in a black chick that's more common than others. Does it really have to be about race??

They could've used Viola Davis. After The Help, white people love them some Viola Davis. She fits the description more accurately, and I believe her abilities outweigh Zoe's. No blackface necessary. 

They could've gotten a big name actor to play her fictional love interest. 

Hell, they could've filmed the movie, taken it to Cannes or Sundance, won a couple of awards, got Oprah to endorse it, and it would've been a hit using relatively unknown actors. 

Zoe Saldana isnt even "that chick" to be considered an "obvious choice" just yet. 

ETA: What ever happened to that movie she was in with Bradley Cooper? Exactly. Stern Smile

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Nov 04 2012 at 4:33pm
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:33pm
oh well i blocked out 'star trek' b/c i hated her uhura but that was just as much abrams/the writer's fault as much as hers. and pocahontas in space avatar...maybe after the next one she should just retire from acting. she'll have enough $. 
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:35pm

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:36pm
Viola Davis now that makes sense
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

i get tired of Zoe. its like she tries too hard to tell people "yes, i'm black, but I can't complain about it b/c obama is prez." that line of thinking pisses me off...why does having a black president invalidate the racism/sexism in Hollywood, or anywhere? why does having him in office make you unable to speak out about it?

she's not a great actress...drumline and that one movie about the knock off Julliard was probably some of her best work tbh. 

casting zoe was a slap in the face b/c it basically goes against what nina was about, and I agree with that.

As if Obama and his family don't experience ridiculous amount of disrespect for their race. Sleepy People still try to use that man as an excuse to racism when he himself is not impervious to experiencing it?
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

i get tired of Zoe. its like she tries too hard to tell people "yes, i'm black, but I can't complain about it b/c obama is prez." that line of thinking pisses me off...why does having a black president invalidate the racism/sexism in Hollywood, or anywhere? why does having him in office make you unable to speak out about it?

she's not a great actress...drumline and that one movie about the knock off Julliard was probably some of her best work tbh. 

casting zoe was a slap in the face b/c it basically goes against what nina was about, and I agree with that.

And that's the bottomline. Her appearance and her politics were so fundamental to who she was. If they didn't want to tackle that, they might have well not have done this movie at all. However, I'm not sure that this movie will flop solely on account of black audiences not flocking to see it. I don't think it was meant with black audiences in mind when it was made in the first place. It will probably flop because I expect Zoe to be not very believable in it. Mind you, she could surprise us but I doubt it. The makeup and prosthetics is already fuccing this up

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Nov 04 2012 at 4:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>