BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kola Boof writes new article on Zoe Saldana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 3.91  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Can someone give me the testimony version of the summary???
blah, blah, blah, nubian, blackness, negroidness, not black enough, capitalism, culture, colorism, blah, blah, blah, I'm mad
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:20pm
i get tired of Zoe. its like she tries too hard to tell people "yes, i'm black, but I can't complain about it b/c obama is prez." that line of thinking pisses me off...why does having a black president invalidate the racism/sexism in Hollywood, or anywhere? why does having him in office make you unable to speak out about it?

she's not a great actress...drumline and that one movie about the knock off Julliard was probably some of her best work tbh. 

casting zoe was a slap in the face b/c it basically goes against what nina was about, and I agree with that.

kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Man lauryn would have been amazing

I agree!!!Clap
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

What movies has Zoe been in?
I can only think of two.
Neytiri(rumored)
2013Star Trek (Video Game) (announced)
Uhura(voice)
2012The Words
Dora Jansen
2010Idiots (video short)
Kaye
2010Death at a Funeral
Elaine(as Zoë Saldaña)
2009Avatar
Neytiri(as Zoë Saldana)
2009Star Trek
Uhura(as Zoë Saldana)
2008Vantage Point
Angie Jones(as Zoë Saldana)
2007/IIIBlackout
Claudine
2006-2007Six Degrees (TV series)
Regina
Masquerade(2006)… Regina
The Puncher(2006)… Regina
2007After Sex
Kat
2006Premium
Charli
2005The Curse of Father Cardona
Flor (as Zoe Saldaña)
2005Dirty Deeds
Rachel Buff(as Zoë Saldana)
2005Guess Who
Theresa Jones(as Zoë Saldaña)
2005Constellation
Rosa Boxer
2004Temptation
Annie
2004The Terminal
Dolores Torres(as Zoë Saldana)
2004Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV series)
Gabrielle Vega
Criminal(2004)… Gabrielle Vega
2002Drumline
Laila(as Zoë Saldana)
2002/ICrossroads
Kit(as Zoë Saldana)
2001Snipes
Cheryl
2001Get Over It
Maggie (as Zoë Saldana)
2000Center Stage
Eva (as Zoë Saldana)
1999Law & Order (TV series)
Merger(1999) (uncredited)
used2braid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote used2braid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by used2braid used2braid wrote:

Is it that deep though?Confused

The movie hasn't come out yet, maybe Zoe Saldana will play her well despite her the weird getup costume they put her in....

So...you dont get it? Here's a few points as to why this is all fcked up:

-Zoe Saldana, though a black woman, is donning blackface to play this role. If I have to explain to you why blackface is fcked up, there's no helping you, so you might as well stop reading this.

-Nina Simone, dark-skinned black woman, spent her entire career fighting against people who wanted/wished she was lighter and had thinner features, like Zoe Saldana has naturally. 

-Nina Simone's family does not support this movie, as the movie is basically a fictional story that does nothing but use Ms. Simone's name. How exactly does one take "artistic liscence" with the life of an actual person, and try to pass it off as a "biopic"?

-Nobody is questioning Zoe's capabilities, however, there are several actresses who are darker skinned who would at least aesthetically portray Nina more accurately. Hollywood seems to have no problem hiring darkskinned actors when they need villains, so why is it so hard to do now??

Hey, Hey I get it.

I'm just saying that movies like Just Wright, Most Tyler Perry movies, Think like a man, are meant to appeal to the black audiences. I don't know about you but those movies don't do too well here (white folk city). It's only movies like "Dream Girls" and ""Ray Charles" that have become popular because of the main cast; Jamie Foxx and Beyonce. Even the horrible movie "Obsessed" was a hit in the box office because Beyonce was the main woman.

In order to make this movie a "hit" then they kinda have to throw in a black chick that's more common than others. Does it really have to be about race??
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

YESSSSS! Some of you may see Kola as crazy, but that woman will speak the truth beautifully! Thank you Kola!

I agree with all points of this article!

I dont fck with Kola like that because she spends her free time sh*tting on African American women (black maids, N****rstock, and all that jazz). However, a broken koo koo clock is right twice a day. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

self proclaimed latina? and she lost respect because she took the role?
Confused

that is strange bc Zoe has said that when she is in the DR they try to tell her she is not black and she is like yes i am.

however, she is also the same woman who said she cannot complain about racism in the movie industry bc the president is black.Confused

and in the same breathe will say that directors reject her by saying they're looking for a more traditional cast...or something like that....as a way of saying they dont want no coloreds.
Confused

why the face? these are statements she has made
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

What movies has Zoe been in?
I can only think of two.

i remember columbiana
she had a small role in vantage point

tbh thats all i can remember

she has a movie with bradley cooper coming out but that looks boring

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:25pm
thanks bunny. i`d forgotten how many films she was in. i guess i`ll go back and read the article now....
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:26pm
I like it when the actress can actually since the songs believably ... like Cissy Spacek in Coal Miner's Daughter

Zoe doesn't have the resonance or depth to play Nina Simone 

Edited by rickysrose - Nov 04 2012 at 4:37pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures