Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Kola Boof thoughts on CurlyNikki controversy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 7:18pm
Broken clock is right twice a day......

Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 7:24pm
I mean, think about it. In many places in the Caribbean and Latin America, you have light skinned/mulatto individuals that have banded together to create some type of a buffer class that is supposedly "superior" to their darker-skinned counterparts. One drop rule has allowed black americans to avoid all that bullsheit and that's a good thing.

I'm thinking of Haiti, cuba, Brazil (and let's not forget DR!)... Sometimes I think that one drop rule would have done us some good.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 04 2014 at 7:26pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 7:26pm
I get what she's saying as well. I understand the problems she's trying to highlight. I just don't think it's that cut and dry.

And further more , wasn't Kola's father an Arab? Does that mean she's not a real black woman, by her own standards? This whole thing can get murky when it's treated in a simplistic manner.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jul 04 2014 at 7:28pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

So you're not Black if you are biracial (one blk parent, one non-blk parent) NO

But if you have 1 biracial parent and 1 blk parent, you can claim Black?  NO

What if you have 2 half-Black biracial parents, are you Black? NO

What if you have 2 Black parents and you look Biracial? NO. Who's Black then? my problem with the reverse one drop rulers is they can't seem to agree on a %...Sleepy

Or is it only if you come out the womb of a non-Black woman that defines you as non-Black?

Someone explain to me how this math works

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:08am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Broken clock is right twice a day......

yeah
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:37am
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

Kola spouting off again, like someone said she does not practice what she preaches, what she does well is to rile up emotions with her rants. 
Jamillah's article was funny, reading her article, i taught Nikki was a white women lol, yes 4c women are underrepresented by the natural community, im not  sure of reasons either due to aesthetics or black women's disinterest. i don't get why Nikki  cant represent black women's  hair in AA community, i taught most AA's were mixture of races? Please educate me if not. Being African my self, i cant relate to hair practices but i'm sure others with similar hair patterns can.
Nikki's response was longggg, so i couldn't read it all, but what i got from the few paragraphs i scanned through i was a lot self righteous spouting, why doesn't she admit she has made alot of her money  and gained popularity through representing a feature of black woman, whom she herself has no full claim over it? instead she talks about inclusion etc....

Our ancestry is not as homogenous due to lighter complected rapists in the blood line. And since rapists are cowards and cowards don't hold themselves accountable, all we know for sure is that we're Black.  American by way of the Motherland and ships. African by race. Not sure if that helps. 

juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 10:34am
Disappointed to hear that CurlyNikki is going in a new direction, off to find other websites that are more relevant.
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 10:35am
I never understood the 1/2 white/Anythingreally + 1/2 black (Or even 1/4 black, etc.) = not black thing. At all.

Edited by dijah.love - Jul 05 2014 at 10:36am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123