BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kola Boof on Soledad O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

When did we start kicking out light skinned ppl.

I thought the sentiment as more along the lines of being so accepting of any and everyone who has even just a little black in them .

this is the post that caught my attention. I just dont understand the thought process at all. I mean I guess I do but I dont. Idk how to explain it.

Pos K
Black in America isn't the same as black in Africa obviously. But go ahead and kick out all the light skinned folk that look white to you and see what we left with. 

Fem
I'd be ok with that *shrug* I actually like my people and my lineage and what we've fought for and what this generation of people are working so hard to destroy (a true black identity) :)

Yeah, there were a few posts and the race pm (from the "new" member) about how there is so such thing as a light skinned Black. I am still confused over who we are kicking out and why. Someone learn me.
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:43am
So we're just the Lady Liberity of races ?
Some ragtag group of racial castaways
But if you can find just a little bit of black somewhere along the line that makes you one of us?

Edited by jonesable - Dec 07 2012 at 9:43am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

So we're just the Lady Liberity of races ?
Some ragtag group of racial castaways
But if you can find just a little bit of black somewhere along the line that makes you one of us?

What would be the downside?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:49am

basically, if you look black you are black and better claim black

Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:52am
what she just said is the downside. lol. 
acceptance of everyone who is somewhat black, while not being able to uplift those who are 'fully' black is a problem. its more than just our economic or political prosperity.

its about pride. its about how this philosophically messes with our heads, and our children. you're chipping away at it. if you can't define yourself, and uplift yourself, you will only be able to uplift the other. 

(does that make sense?)
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:54am

blah nvm,

Edited by iGotSunshine - Dec 07 2012 at 9:57am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

what she just said is the downside. lol. 
acceptance of everyone who is somewhat black, while not being able to uplift those who are 'fully' black is a problem. its more than just our economic or political prosperity.

its about pride. its about how this philosophically messes with our heads, and our children. you're chipping away at it. if you can't define yourself, and uplift yourself, you will only be able to uplift the other. 

(does that make sense?)

I disagree, people preferring European standards is a world wide problem. We didn't create this in America. I don't think our being accepting or not accepting will change that.

Edited by melikey - Dec 07 2012 at 10:08am
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:12am
yes it will change it. you are being the one affected by it, why wouldn't you want to change that?
thats like hearing a woman say that a phallocentric system occurs in all places, accepting and defining ourselves by male standards has nothing to do with us, and we can't change it.

thats how i see what is happening. you're defining yourself by white standards. which isn't really a definition at all. theres nothing wrong with saying someone is mixed, and the other is black. the fact that people find that so hard to say is part of the problem. 
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:15am
Oh I see so biracial people should just be considered biracial not black.
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:15am
^^What if they are not mixed?  What if both parents are "black" (BHM acceptable black of course)  but the offspring is light-skinned? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 28>
  Share Topic