BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kola Boof on Soledad O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:17am

what's the black test?
like what constitutes someone being black?
Was Malcolm X not black enough according to Kola and some in this thread?
Thurgood Marshall? Rosa Parks? Lena Horne?
i mean got damn, people really tryna kick out all the lightskinned blacks?

eta: I wonder how Soledad's children identify

Edited by iGotSunshine - Dec 07 2012 at 9:18am
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:17am
Sooo, are we kicking out mixed people or light skinned people? If we are doing the latter, some of my non-mixed African family is gonna be kicked out. Disapprove
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:20am
This is the main reason why we will never win a race war.  We want to dismiss half of our army.  Face it people, black people come in many colors.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:22am
i have a question lima, do you believe that there could have been no mixing in africa, in your lineage?

i think the point is, more than just white people glorify the light skinned and mixed. so do african americans, and when you have this, you create this mess. you can't 'kick' out anyone. theres just no benefit of claiming any 1 % black person. 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:22am
When did we start kicking out light skinned ppl.

I thought the sentiment as more along the lines of being so accepting of any and everyone who has even just a little black in them .
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

"You can't good produce a good African between the legs of a European" Dr John Henrik Clarke

President Obama

lol, cc thanks, i needed that
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I thought the sentiment as more along the lines of being so accepting of any and everyone who has even just a little black in them .

People were talking about kicking people out of the Black race. There are many posts and many sentiments. I'm not sure what the general one is.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

i have a question lima, do you believe that there could have been no mixing in africa, in your lineage?

i think the point is, more than just white people glorify the light skinned and mixed. so do african americans, and when you have this, you create this mess. you can't 'kick' out anyone. theres just no benefit of claiming any 1 % black person. 

It's possible, but no one in Nigeria is claiming part Indian, White, Japanese, Mongolian, etc. That is a Western creation. I think African people acknowledge that others are mixed, but I don't think it is a symbol of pride as it is in the West. American Black culture is complex, because of the history. The sense of identity has more elements. It makes sense why people consider this issues. "What is Black? Who is Black?" 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:30am
Can someone educate me on the downside of being accepting of all percentages of black please (besides racists all of a sudden considering propper blacks more beautiful) .
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:34am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

this is the post that caught my attention. I just dont understand the thought process at all. I mean I guess I do but I dont. Idk how to explain it.

Pos K
Black in America isn't the same as black in Africa obviously. But go ahead and kick out all the light skinned folk that look white to you and see what we left with.

Fem
I'd be ok with that *shrug* I actually like my people and my lineage and what we've fought for and what this generation of people are working so hard to destroy (a true black identity) :)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 28>
  Share Topic