Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Kola Boof on Soledad OBrien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:30am
I don't take anything Kola says serious.. She batshyt crazy.. I don't like that trollop.. and why she so worry about Soledad? Maybe cause her looks (not cause she mixed called everybody mixed don't look good) and money shytting all over her.

Edited by EasterBell - Dec 07 2012 at 8:31am
Sponsored Links

babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babelipsss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:37am
Kola is a nutjob who doesn't speak for me.

*Where on earth do yall get the idea that Sammy Davis Jr is some type of Latin?  He was born and raised in New York City.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:45am
bsb and media girl warned you bout this batsh*t crazy woman

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:06am
You guys are confusing issues. Kola basically wants us to disown a cultural aspect of AAs that developed due to slavery. We didn't start it but It wasn't created by the KKK, she's an idiot for that. when a slave was raped and bore the children of her master they were slaves too.
Culturally, they were "us ". They are our parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins. Why should we disown them because Kola said so?
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:10am
i've never really encountered a mixed person who dismissed the rest of their lineage for the sake of not upsetting other blacks in america. they'd always say that they were mixed. 
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:10am
...I don't get it. Black folks are represented by them because that's what people want to see. Actresses like Viola Davis could've been the norm in present-day showbiz and those ladies you listed would still be black.
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I can see where she's coming from. A lot of things I do not agree with and many of her points were worded very crudely, but I do agree with her on the effects of the one drop rule.

Because the one drop rule was so easily adopted, blacks today are represented by this:

No hate against these ladies and I do consider them black, but there is a clear disparity in what is considered black and attractive enough to be more widely represented to fit the black niche.

They can't even scout out a person of a darker complexion when they want to portray a person of a darker complexion.

Basically because the one drop rule has been so heavily accepted and adopted by all, more and more diluted versions of blacks are the ideal of blacks.

It's a very sticky subject because there's so much to delve into.

Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:11am
well... thats an obvious statement. 
more blacks than there are in the united states. lol

south america... is a continent. LOL
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:13am
Also even if we kick out those who fail the black test, yall are fools to think that will elevate black beauty in the eyes of racists. I'm not sure how us not accepting our family is going to stop racism.
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:17am

what's the black test?
like what constitutes someone being black?
Was Malcolm X not black enough according to Kola and some in this thread?
Thurgood Marshall? Rosa Parks? Lena Horne?
i mean got damn, people really tryna kick out all the lightskinned blacks?

eta: I wonder how Soledad's children identify

Edited by iGotSunshine - Dec 07 2012 at 9:18am
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:17am
Sooo, are we kicking out mixed people or light skinned people? If we are doing the latter, some of my non-mixed African family is gonna be kicked out. Disapprove
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>
  Share Topic