Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kola Boof on Soledad O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:18am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Maybe its her background.  She looks African.  A lot of African cultures don't consider biracial people to be black like we do in the States.  It might not be a hatred towards biracial people.  Then again I'm not really familiar with Kola. 

Kola has proved many times that she hates and discriminates against both bi-racial people, and African Americans as a whole.

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Dec 07 2012 at 3:20am
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Yumyum28 Yumyum28 wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Nobody was correcting your grammar, but if you dont see how saying blackness is determined by lineage then in the next breath saying black latinos arent black is dumb, I cant help you boo.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but you and I both know you tried to play me, let's be real. No hard feelings on my part, but it is what it is. I dont want no (any) trouble, and i know your a bhm debating OG, but I'm not for all that "dumb", "pm stalker" ish just because I dont agree with popular opinion.
Yes, i did say that IN MY OPINION, blackness was determined by lineage. Lineage as in ancestry, ie primarily of african decent. Now since we playing word games, I will attempt to state MY OPINION in as coherently as possible. I dont think i said black latins aren't. Please quote or correct me if I'm wrong. However, what I should have said was this: IMO black latin is a culture. When i refernce someones blackness I'm specifically referring to their race. Where you live does not determine your race IMO.   Does this make more sense?

The bolded is why black latinos are black. End of story. Nobody has to try to play you, because you've played yourself in this thread. 
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:23am
I can see where she's coming from. A lot of things I do not agree with and many of her points were worded very crudely, but I do agree with her on the effects of the one drop rule.

Because the one drop rule was so easily adopted, blacks today are represented by this:

No hate against these ladies and I do consider them black, but there is a clear disparity in what is considered black and attractive enough to be more widely represented to fit the black niche.

They can't even scout out a person of a darker complexion when they want to portray a person of a darker complexion.

Basically because the one drop rule has been so heavily accepted and adopted by all, more and more diluted versions of blacks are the ideal of blacks.

It's a very sticky subject because there's so much to delve into.
Yumyum28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yumyum28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:24am
Boo .. Lineage and culture are 2 different things point blank period and a dark skin spanish person isnt black.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:35am

lmao

and I made a similar thread last week and some were like stfu
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:36am
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Yumyum28 Yumyum28 wrote:

Boo .. Lineage and culture are 2 different things point blank period and a dark skin spanish person isnt black.
please give an example of the bolded words in red please

Confusedhuh do you mean hispanic or spanish from spain?

because sammy davis jr. is black and his nationality his latin... so please splain yo self again
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:41am
Spanish people are from espana. 
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:42am
Samone....u know it depends upon the placement of the stars.LOL  I said something to that effect also a year or 2 ago.  I can't remember the thread but I know Halle was brought up. BHM went ahead and snatched my wig and drilled me a new asshole....for free. 

eta: I think it was a black beauty representation type thread.  I had said the Halle type racially mixed/ambiguous females were held up as the standard of black beauty when compared to other races because full black women didn't stand a chance....or something like that.

I also said insert mixed chick name here is all kinds of Mixed bitch when she's dating a black man but she's black and representing black women when dating a white man.  That mighta been a diff thread tho.

Edited by newdiva1 - Dec 07 2012 at 3:48am
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 3:45am
Geesh people ... what haters you all are!  I think you all just hate her because she is so light skinned but you try to pretend it's all about her politics. Hee hee!  I'm not buying it.

Soledad clearly stated that her mother was Afro-Cuban. Have any of you folks ever BEEN to Cuba? Well, I have and a great deal of the population was Afro- Cuban (Black) .. a minority being (White) Spanish - Cuban.

And her father is Austrialian - so both of her parents are immigrants to America which is something she has spoken about in the past. So how does this combination translate to her being Black American? In fact, I have never once heard Soledad say ... she was Black American.

I have met soo many Black women like Soledad that have been so beaten over the head (verbally) by Black Americans because they look and act 'too White' and then those same people further talk about them because they married White people.

Well if Black people do not accept them (and I'll bet Soledad got it bad from Black folks at an early age) then they will surely end up with a White partner and producing children that look like ... whatever the genes happen upon. Duh! Nobody can control how kids turn out. Another point of ignorance. The kids look happy and healthy. That's good enough in my book.

So sad that Black Americans are so UGLY to everyone that doesn't fit into their mold .. of what it is to be Black. Ultimately, it just runs folks off .. which is for the best actually.Clap

There's a BIG BEAUTIFUL world out there (of acceptance) .. away from all that hate in America.
Grow up.

Soledad is ... doing just fine.

Edited by Becky - Dec 07 2012 at 3:48am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions