Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kola Boof on Soledad O'Brien

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

It's not like people have a CHOICE of what color they turn out to be? Duh!

But if there was a choice, what shade would you choose?
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:06pm
@the bolded

I honestly believe that it would've been the same way had "biracial" always been a category
Except I believe that even more mixed people would hate their "Black" side

IA with the last couple of sentences

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I understand her frustrations to an extent

Our identity has been blotted out, you have to go digging with your fingers crossed to find our truth a lot of the time. And sometimes only certain people are chosen for the public to look to. It sends a certain message subconsciously. I think if who we were was obvious to the world, and most importantly to us, we wouldn't have a lot of the issues we have today. ( Such as, if a light skinned biracial woman who looks white (because I never knew she was half black until now) is telling us about us. We'd know already.) Starting with our own ideas of who we are and what our purpose in this life should be. 

Of course it is now up to us as individuals to be self-reflective enough to define ourselves for ourselves, despite being on our enemy's turn. We are desolate and afflicted. 

Anyway, biracial people exist and if they want to identify as black, they have that right. And if they want to use their white to their advantage since black is such a disadvantage (in society, purposely) then they have that opportunity. As long as they understand that their whiteness is a privilege rooted in hatred and bias, and why someone more black would be frustrated by that. 

Like people who get mad at me because I don't like whites. WTF!! 'you're racist and full of hate' Am I supposed to? Based on my experiences in this world, I effin hate white people. Period. it is what it is. I don't like swirling. I never will because I hate whites. But it is what it is, I can only control myself. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:06pm
If we went by Kola's rule there would be siblings with identical genetic backgrounds claiming two different races. Neither option makes sense but I'd rather claim my family, given the choice.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I don't see how black folk don't understand that claiming anyone and everyone as black is a disadvantage to us in many ways…..

Like they have this nearly white woman with white children telling US what it means to be black in America.

basically. 
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:24pm
What does se look like now?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:25pm
everybody claiming black? how is that possible when we're 10% of the population.  that's a gross overstatement.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:26pm
honestly. it kind of bothers me when bhm looks at white women, or non-black babies and try to pinpoint black features. or say they're somehow mixed with black. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

everybody claiming black? how is that possible when we're 10% of the population.  that's a gross overstatement.

no... blacks claiming them. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:32pm
I sort of understand the point she was trying to make, although I don't much care for the delivery. Her standpoint pretty much erases black people from the diaspora and the complexity of the history, in my viewpoint. But I didn't even know that Soledad had any black in her until I read it in Essence or some other magazine. In light of everything that's going on in terms of colorism and acceptable standards of "black beauty", I can see how annoying that can be. But I don't like the fact that she's taking personal shots at this woman (even though she says she isn't, she is). I usually like Kola but she's becoming more vulgar and basic as time goes by. She needs to cool it down some and make her points in a more articulate way, as she used to. The 2% mattress line is beyond insulting. As if people chose to be enslaved

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Dec 06 2012 at 7:33pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:41pm
If she cares so much about Black female representation then maybe she should clean up her language and sloppy appearance

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Does anyone follow Kola on Facebook. Here's what she had to say about Soledad. 

A White Woman (Soledad O'Brien) is given the power to DICTATE to Blacks what "blackness" is....she of an Irish name, white skin & everything but the burden.

She is to define an entire race of people from AFRICA based on the 1 drop
rule invented by the KKK and we're supposed to listen to her and not our
own continent. It's so typically arrogant and AMERICAN RACIST.
```````````````````````````
I don't give a what she's "PART" Charles MagicMan Paxton Jr. ....she's WHITE. 

This country, America, has got to be the most racist place on earth that she can be called 'black"
but cannot be called what she really is....WHITE. 

And you Brotha Man mothers that don't like the truth. 
You can't possibly love Blackness/Africa yet sit up claiming this is a "Black" person. YOU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This PROVES how **RACIST** the American people are (including the Blacks). 

Not a single Black person would dare claim that "anybody can be White" (even when they LOOK White). But they will claim that Africans are so inferior that just any 2% mattress- can be a Black person.

The KKK invented the 1 drop rule....to encourage Blacks to breed themselves into bastardization.

Blacks try to uphold this rule for dear life. They are still slaves. And it's a disgrace. But most of all, it shows their UTTER contempt and hatred for Africa and for Black people. The blanket hateful disrespect of claiming a White woman is "Black"----because she feels like it and we're nothing anyway. 

N!GGERS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't give a HOW COARSE that White bitch hair is!!! Zaak Fox ...what in the is that supposed to mean?

DO Blue Eyes mean I'm white?? Would you make that same claim mother?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a few drops of TURKISH blood--why can't I do a "White In America' tv. special. Explain that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This whole nation (America)...is BUILT OFF the hatred of Black people.

They systematically BREEDING the Blacks off the landscape and calling it "love".....but it's really HATE.
If you love someone, then you want them to exist...you want to see them around. You don't erase them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The POINT is Kinitra Brooks ...when will Black women be allowed to speak for their damn selves? Why is it so important to have her White face always claiming to be our spokesperson? As why are Black Americans so comfortable with White-looking people "as Black"? What defect causes you to see the "black" in Soledad but not the more obvious White? 

I'm not against her as a person....but I'm tired of the DICTATING that "Faux imitation" folks get away with. And I'm sick of the Western Blacks always positing White Images (Beyonce, Rihanna, etc.) as Black when they are in fact White Supremacist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she goes on and on with other posters..

what you say BHM? I personally like Soledad, but should she have covered the "Black in America" segments?  Should the 1 drop still apply? 

Edited by Alias_Avi - Dec 06 2012 at 7:47pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>