Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Kola Boof has some new novels....NSFW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 2.78  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i am considering buying one of these to put on my coffee table.

lol conversation starter?

the one with the dack print and thigh high gym socks? LOL

lol exactly...i can't believe an adult wrote and designed that.

But its only on kindle deary
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:37pm
Can't be any worse than the urban fiction novels that are already on the market.

Hmmm maybe this is some meta comment on the state of black fiction and its consumers...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:40pm
lol Anah...she thinks that anyone who owns a kindle(typically someone who likes to read) would buy this? Confused  bless her heart.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:48pm
There is a niche of ebook erotica out there. Statistics show a lot of women are reading "trashy" erotica books on their kindle since they don't have to be ashamed to buy them. 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:49pm
orly?  i don't know anyone who even owns a kindle...lol
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:52pm
Blame 50 Shades of Grey.

Growth of eBook publishing spurring erotic fiction sales

Growth of eBook publishing spurring erotic fiction sales

A number of digital publishers attending the Frankfurt Book Fair noted that the rise of eBooks has led to an increase in sales of erotic fiction, Business Insider reported.

The news source noted that many different publishers featured erotic fiction on their tables and displays at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the largest publishing event in the world.

Speaking to the news source, Peter Ferris explained that erotic fiction is ideal for eBooks, as many bookstores are not comfortable carrying printed copies of these works. 

According to Ferris, who serves as non-executive director for Accent Press, a large part of boost enjoyed by erotic eBooks can be traced to E.L. James's "Fifty Shades of Grey." This novel, which soon became a trilogy, began as an independently published eBook. It was eventually published in print by Vintage Books and soon became the fastest-selling paperback book of all time, surpassing J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Ferris explained that the popularity enjoyed by "Fifty Shades of Grey" led to a significant increase in the public's awareness of erotica, making it a more socially acceptable form of entertainment.

Accent Press imprint Xcite is the U.K.'s biggest publisher of erotic fiction. According to the news source, Xcite anticipates that its eBook sales this year will be three times higher than its printed book sales from 2011.

Jolanta Gatzanis, editor in charge of erotic literature at Gatzanis, told Business Insider that one of the most surprising aspects of erotic eBook publishing has been how well the titles are selling with minimal promotion.

"We sold a lot of electronic books this year without doing much publicity. That really surprised us," Gatzanis explained, according to the news source.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jan 17 2013 at 7:54pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 7:55pm
I cringed at the character names.

But yeah, someone was right here about urban fiction.  I mean...NOBODY can be a worse writer than Erick Jerome Dickey.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 8:02pm
lol wow, RT...i stand corrected...welp, maybe my mom wants it.  bought her the kindle fire last christmas.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 8:04pm
Even before 50 shades...there are a lot of ebook authors making a good chunk of money writing novels and selling them for 99 cents. There was a story about a woman who became a millionaire doing basically that.

ANd it's all sorts of generes...romance, fanfic, sci-fi. The writing may not be that great but they it's good enough to keep people entertained. And when they charge so little, people are willing to buy. Myself I'd rather pay 99 cents for a book and have 4 hours of entertainment than 17$ for a movie that will only entertain me for 2 hours...and I don't even have to leave the house.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

orly?  i don't know anyone who even owns a kindle...lol

I have a kindle but I rarely use it. I use the kindle app on my iphone. I know a lot of people who use the app on their ipad or their computer. Doesn't really make sense to have a separate kindle if you already have a smartphone or tablet.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic