BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Hair Styling
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

knockers

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
silentdominion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentdominion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: knockers
    Posted: Oct 28 2010 at 3:03pm
When was it unanimously decided that putting those knocker balls in our kids hair looked good?
Whenever I see them, I am reminded of the time in 3rd grade, when my migraines were so bad, that I went to the back of the class... and cut off every single one of my braids. Its become one of the defining marks of black childhood. I went to Africa last summer, and did not see a single little girl with those darn things in their head. Lots of stretched earlobes... but no knockers. Personally, I would sooner stretch my daughters ears...
Surely there must be a different way to style our children's hair.
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2010 at 11:10am
yes i remember thoes and i cringe now when I see them in lil girls head. 
iluvmyNYstyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmyNYstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2010 at 3:32pm
I don't mind them ....unless there is like 50-11 of them on one head.
Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2010 at 10:31pm
lol i used to love them.
DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDee58517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by iluvmyNYstyle iluvmyNYstyle wrote:

I don't mind them ....unless there is like 50-11 of them on one head.

Right!

I have safety concernes when a little girl has 100+ single box braids with knockers on the end.
ba0052 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ba0052 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 7:35pm
i think they look cute as long as the ponytail is not tight 
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2010 at 4:59am
i use them on my 4 and 5 yr old daughters' hair. i think they r so cute. now when my mother in law does their hair, there is like a big a** wad of hair in the comb for some reason........their hair looks extra tight......to top it off, they used to lose hair around the edges.

for some reason, she loves to do their hair....i hate it when she does their hair because she makes it break. when ever i c her about to do it, i get so irritated.

i've told her not to do it so tight, and not to use this product or that product n their head. but i would rather her not do their hair all together

graceful_aka View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceful_aka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 2:01pm
I have never used them on my daughter's hair.  I hated them as a child and I hate them now.  

They gave me the worst headaches and used to pull my hair out when I was a kid...my mom clearly didn't know any better, but they aren't even healthy for hair.  The tangles, the elastic stretching and pinching hair strands. No bueno.  
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AriesBabe09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 10:25am
I love knockers. I used to put them in my daughters hair when she was little. I can't remember my mother putting them in my head though.
Mz.TiNg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz.TiNg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2011 at 11:03am
I put them at the end of my daughter's plaits...never at the base, and there aren't more than a few. She doesn't sleep in them, they aren't hanging in her face, and they aren't all different colors. For me, too much of anything (I've seen 20+ barrettes on the end of 20 plaits), be it too many different COLORS or too many ACCESSORIES...LOL, not just knockers.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply