Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kitchen Hair and Skin Care Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:43pm
I think I will have to dump my SB conditioner and make my own.
Keeping it simple of course.
Not sure what mix I will use yet, but when I try, and depending on the results, I will post it.
Otherwise....Back to the drawing board
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 8:12pm
Lady A, need your help...

Is it better to do Hot Oil before or after D/C.

I will like to use Coconut Oil for Hot Oil, and Mayo/Avocado/Honey and maybe EVOO to D/C.

Any suggestions
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2014 at 7:26pm
I like the video of the Filipina girl with long hair. She talks too much though, but she has a video of how to get coconut milk from coconut and it seemed very easy. Her hair looked beautiful after she left coconut milk on her hair for five hours.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 5:37am
I would mix them together personally Benni or do the oil last.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 15 2014 at 5:39am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 4:30pm
My hair just loves or is thirsty for Aloe Vera.

Need to make my DIY Vit-C Serum tomorrow which is mostly AVG, Vit-C powder, MSM, Coconut Oil and water.

Facial Toner 3-1 Water and ACV.    I also love using Rose Water in place of just water.

Edited by Benni - Jun 21 2014 at 4:32pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:34am
I noticed that applying coconut milk daily to my hair when it is in a bun helps to keep it in place like a light setting lotion.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:30pm
THE HAIRDRENALIN HAIR GROWTH POTION

Homemade hair cream and knock off Jane Carter Solution

Homemade Rosemary Oil

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 27 2014 at 7:25pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:28pm
Who would have thunk it? Generic Crisco shortening & water are a simple solution for moisturizing and sealing

I love the Hello Hydration conditioner btw. I have to get some more tomorrow. 
I will also try the shortening one day.
(I think I personally prefer coconut oil but hey, there   you go for when in a pinch Thumbs Up)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 4:06pm
For protein treatments that nourish the inside of the shaft,  try Braggs Liquid Aminos and Knox Gelatin.  Both are very good to nourish the INSIDE of the follicle.
I actually have to get some more Bragg Liquid Aminos because it contains hydrolyzed soy protein which is a protein molecule sufficiently small to enter the hair follicle. Also the knox gelatin  is hydrolyzed collagen which can also enter the follicle.

Regarding the question of eggs and mayo, although eggs and mayo do not contribute protein to the inside of the hair follicles they do coat the strand. They do therefore offer an external coating of protein similar to the way that ceramide oils coats the hair without necessarily entering the medula and cortex. For this reason, I do not wash the hair after my mayonnaise or egg treatment as I want it to remain on the strand. This is particularly useful as a temporary treatment of split ends. One may use Braggs Liquid Aminos as a natural source of hydrolyzed soy protein and Knox Gelatin as a source of hydrolyzed collagen. Both of which contain molecules sufficiently small to enter the follicles.

In the same way, jojoba oil can not penetrate inside the hair follicle the way that coconut or olive oil can. But this does not make jojoba oil any less of a beneficial a treatment for the hair. Non penetrating oils and proteins may benefit the surface of the hair.

The egg and mayonnaise ARE GOOD for external coatings of protein and the hydrolyzed products are good sources to penetrate the internal regions of the shaft. So treatments to the external and internal regions of the follicles are both beneficial to the hair in different ways. It would be beneficial to use them together for a more synergistic natural approach to address both the inside and the outside of the strands.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 29 2014 at 4:48pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 4:42pm
Forgot to ask on the other Thread....Can the Liquid Aminos be purchased locally, or is it strictly Online

Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair