Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Kitchen Hair and Skin Care Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 10:49pm
Ooops.

Did not see the part about posting pics

I have never posted/uploaded pics before.

I will continue to follow your Challenge though.

I have been watching the Videos
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2014 at 10:56pm
Coincidentally, I did add an Egg to my Mayo/EVOO/Honey and SB conditioner today. Seems a bit redundant to add the Egg and EVOO, but my hair turned out great.

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:48am
I agree about the redundancy of adding more oil and egg to mayonnaise. I also just used mayonnaise alone and it worked wonderfully! Did you just rinse afterward, cowash or what ?

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 08 2014 at 9:49am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 9:54am
Oh and you don't have to post a photo Benni or anyone else. I understand totally about not wanting to post pictures online. So in fact everyone ignore that part.

Also, I felt I must add a disclaimer about highlighting the hair with either hydrogen peroxide or lemon. If you have relaxed hair it might be a bad idea because I always say you can only pick ONE poison. 

Relaxer is already your poison so any other poison you use is not the best idea if you want some length. If you are happy with your hair at the length it is or even shorter, then the highlights by whatever chemical are fine. So, for relaxed hair, do that at your own risk. Henna is your safest option to retain length and have color if your hair already has one chemical.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 08 2014 at 12:00pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

I agree about the redundancy of adding more oil and egg to mayonnaise. I also just used mayonnaise alone and it worked wonderfully! Did you just rinse afterward, cowash or what ?

I am doing a modified CG, and the store bought D/C I mix has Mineral Oil (unfortunately), so I did an ACV rinse, followed by a rinse-out conditioner.
Because I am doing CG, or trying to, I also left moisturizing conditioner in.

I am still working on a regimen, so it's a work in progress.

Good to know about the pics...Thanks
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 4:40pm
so what has changed about your healthy hair journey to make it cg? I am not interested in doing that but I just wondered what you changed.

PS If I read it correctly, you left in a conditioner to make it "cg"? To me that actually sounds like Teri LaFlesh's Tightly Curly method because it is her method where you leave in conditioner. I like her a lot btw.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 08 2014 at 4:44pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 5:35pm
Not much has changed.
I was looking at pictures of myself from just a few years ago, and I had a long healthy head of curls.
I understand our hormonal changes.
When my hair was like that all I did was wet my hair daily, and not rinse out the conditioner.   Shampoo occasionally.

This was long before I knew any different about products, or hair care.
I am going back to something that is familiar, that worked for me, with slightly more knowledge about products, and hair in general.

I have not yet read the CG book, but ordered it from the Library.
So, I am basically using the same products I already have, just fewer for now.

Still a Healthy Hair Journey.

I tend to rant, but hope I answered the question
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 8:11am
Just found a video that actually shows what her 100% natural hair looks like when wet after four coconut milk treatments to loosen curls. She used vinegar with the coconut milk instead of lemon. Apparently the point is to add an acidic ingredient with the coconut milk. She also added okra which I just see as adding slip and maybe conditioning.

See that the roots which have had fewer treatments are tighter.
I really like the idea of the okra juice leave in! I will try that in a spray bottle. It seems to add a lot of shine.

I think this is her hair before the 4 treatments to compare

PS I have tried the coconut cream recipe and that one does not work imo. That one is just a conditioner.

The coconut milk with LEMON JUICE or LIME JUICE recipe DOES work like a texlax after 4-6 one to two hour sessions.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 09 2014 at 3:58pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:39pm
I am considering making Flax Seed Gel sometime this week.
Will have to review Video.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 3:39pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic