Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Eating Healthy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kissing Dairy Goodbye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ImaFabulousDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImaFabulousDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2010 at 1:09pm
Dairy is not hard for me to cut out but when nothing else is on sale and I have to make my milkshake and eat my cereal and oatmeal I use what is available and that is milk but after reading that article I need to find something else. DAMNDead
Sponsored Links

Au-natural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Au-natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 9:09pm
Yeah, Dairy is a no no for me, and so is soy... (creates mucus in your intestines... yuck) but so far hemp and almond milk are my staples however i'm thinking of trying coconut milk because of it's benefits.
madirishgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madirishgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2010 at 6:02am
soy is bad too??? i thought it was just dairy!! cant live without both
shaeshae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaeshae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2010 at 6:07pm
I didn't know soy is bad also. I switched to soy milk a couple weeks ago thinking that it would be better! Confused. I guess I better look into either rice or almond milk now!
TiaBuena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiaBuena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2010 at 9:04pm

Ladies has anyone tried making almond milk from scratch?  I've been making my own for quite some time.  It is sooo easy to make it yourself with soaked raw almonds (or almond butter for quickie), water, and a pinch of sea salt.  Since you control the ingredients, you can add things like vanilla, etc.  Plus, you can make the consistency as heavy as whole milk to as light as non-fat or skim milk.  You can also make your own rice milk just as easy.  And coconut milk too using the young Thai coconuts.

Just a few problems with soy milk are the high plant estrogen percentage; the majority of soy is genetically modified (GMO); since it is a non-fermented soy product it will disrupt your thyroid function over time.  And you def do not want to give your kids soy on the regular.  For the occasional soy use, you want to buy organic (it is non-GMO).

When you must have cow's milk try raw milk if you can get it.  My hubbie has no problem digesting it, since it still contains living enzymes.  It tastes great too.  Same goes for cheese.  Look for cheese made from raw milk.  Usually the local health food stores have it and you can also find it if you have a Trader Joe's nearby.

Mochalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mochalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2010 at 10:49pm
Sorry, goat cheese is not vegan...vegans don't consume anything that is derived from a living animal.Wink
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ZenYes ZenYes wrote:

i think dairy makes me breakout. i put cream in my coffee for 2 consecutive days & by day 3 my face turned into a ripe fruit with pimples!

I think i will stick to soy milk for now. acne is not sexy.

Dairy makes me breakout, also.
2bBsL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2bBsL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Mochalee Mochalee wrote:

Sorry, goat cheese is not vegan...vegans don't consume anything that is derived from a living animal.Wink

she said its the brands name not from an actual animal

and i second almond milk!!
blue diamond has so great flavors and its not all that expensive either
i probably wont be making my own anytime soon though its just too much of a hassle (right now)
MsTSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsTSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2010 at 8:57pm
I just started to experience "adult acne" (what my doctor calls it) I wonder if it is from my daily nonfat chai tea latte that I've been hooked on for the last month or so. I knew that dairy was bad for me but I thought a little wouldn't be too bad. I'm cutting them out starting today.

BTW - Coconut milk is phenominal! They also make coconut ice cream with different flavors like mint chocolate chip and cookie dough. I too love cheese and have yet to find a non dairy/soy substitue although I heard there is almond cheese but I haven't found it yet 
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 9:11pm
I know quite a few ppl of color who developed lactose intolerance as they got older, like during 20's and 30's. A woman gave me a book a few years ago about 'Eating for your Blood Type'. If you think, most of us are of african origin, and back then they did not eat a whole lot of dairy. If could be that our bodies makeup does not agree with it and its finally rejecting it. Also when it comes to soy I heard that men actually have more to worry about, something about making them infertile.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-dangers-of-soy-for-men.htm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>