I ordered a few bundles of KCY hair during her Cyber Monday sale and I've had the exact opposite experience of most people posted here. I purchased two bundles each of the afro kinky curly and kinky straight. The afro kinky curly matches and blends with my hair perfectly, and is pretty easy to maintain and keep looking presentable as long as you are proactive and are used to handling kinky and curly textured hair. I co-wash the hair once a week, leave a little conditioner in, apply a little gel, and allow to dry. I wear the hair in a wash and go state. As the day goes on, the hair will get less defined and more frizzy, which helps me blend my hair better. I absolutely love wearing the hair and it is much easier to take care of in comparison to the Brazilian Bohyme hair. I've had a bad experience with Roman's KS hair and I'm using that nightmare as the baseline. The KCY works well and is so low-maintenance.
I haven't had any of the dreading/tangleing/matting by simply applying product or water to the hair (except for the situation I explained below). I used the hair to make a wig and placed one 18" bundle at the bottom of the wig and one 20" bundle which I placed at the top. I did this to avoid having to cut and shape the hair. My sisters and I placed a huge order during her Cyber Monday sale (it was a little ridiculous lol) and none of us are having issues. Collectively, we ordered LY, CY, KS and AKC and in hindsight I'm beginning to think special attention was given to our order due to it's size because my sister's friend separately ordered the CY and her hair is not faring as well. While I really enjoy wearing this AKC, I am not sure I would recommend the hair to anyone else given the hit or miss nature of her hair. I really do like the AKY hair and hope in the future more quality control is given to the hair during the processing period.
(completed u-part wig)
(sewed the wig down and left out the perimeter of my hair. i flat twist my leave out for optimal blending)
(blends easily with my 4c hair)
(excuse the bobby pin)
In order to maintain the hair
1. Co-wash only. I used Dove Intensive Moisturizer to co-wash once a week and I leave a bit in.
2. Install on a wig and remove it at night.
3. Detangle when soaking wet and full of conditioner. I use my fingers first then go in with a denman brush to clump the curls.
4. Hot oil treatment once a week with coconut oil.
I do not recommend:
1. SWIMMING with the hair. I went on vacation and jumped into the ocean, when I got out the hair was matted and fused together. It took an entire bottle of conditioner, patience and prayers to detangle the hair. Once I deep conditioned, the hair was back to normal.
2. Sleeping in the hair
3. Sealing the wefts. I used Fray Check to seal and imo this weakens the wefts and contributes to shedding. I have a piece of hair where I did not seal the weft and the shedding is much less in the section. This isn't particular to KCY, however if shedding is major and you sealed the wefts, this may be a factor.
sn: I have two bundles of the kinky straight hair I am considering selling (one 14" and one 16"). I have yet to wear the hair and the only reason I'm thinking of selling it is because it doesn't really match my texture. The kinky straight is a bit too silky albeit kinky. My sis has 4a hair and the KS works well for her. If you're interested, send me a note or watch the M2M board for it.
Edited by Chinyesoul - Apr 23 2014 at 12:24pm