Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Kinkycurlyyaki.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chinyesoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chinyesoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 12:23pm
I ordered a few bundles of KCY hair during her Cyber Monday sale and I've had the exact opposite experience of most people posted here. I purchased two bundles each of the afro kinky curly and kinky straight. The afro kinky curly matches and blends with my hair perfectly, and is pretty easy to maintain and keep looking presentable as long as you are proactive and are used to handling kinky and curly textured hair. I co-wash the hair once a week, leave a little conditioner in, apply a little gel, and allow to dry. I wear the hair in a wash and go state. As the day goes on, the hair will get less defined and more frizzy, which helps me blend my hair better. I absolutely love wearing the hair and it is much easier to take care of in comparison to the Brazilian Bohyme hair. I've had a bad experience with Roman's KS hair and I'm using that nightmare as the baseline. The KCY works well and is so low-maintenance.

I haven't had any of the dreading/tangleing/matting by simply applying product or water to the hair (except for the situation I explained below). I used the hair to make a wig and placed one 18" bundle at the bottom of the wig and one 20" bundle which I placed at the top. I did this to avoid having to cut and shape the hair. My sisters and I placed a huge order during her Cyber Monday sale (it was a little ridiculous lol) and none of us are having issues. Collectively, we ordered LY, CY, KS and AKC and in hindsight I'm beginning to think special attention was given to our order due to it's size because my sister's friend separately ordered the CY and her hair is not faring as well. While I really enjoy wearing this AKC, I am not sure I would recommend the hair to anyone else given the hit or miss nature of her hair. I really do like the AKY hair and hope in the future more quality control is given to the hair during the processing period.

(completed u-part wig)

(sewed the wig down and left out the perimeter of my hair. i flat twist my leave out for optimal blending)

(blends easily with my 4c hair)

(excuse the bobby pin)
In order to maintain the hair

I recommend:
1. Co-wash only. I used Dove Intensive Moisturizer to co-wash once a week and I leave a bit in.
2. Install on a wig and remove it at night.
3. Detangle when soaking wet and full of conditioner. I use my fingers first then go in with a denman brush to clump the curls.
4. Hot oil treatment once a week with coconut oil.

I do not recommend:
1. SWIMMING with the hair. I went on vacation and jumped into the ocean, when I got out the hair was matted and fused together. It took an entire bottle of conditioner, patience and prayers to detangle the hair. Once I deep conditioned, the hair was back to normal.
2. Sleeping in the hair
3. Sealing the wefts. I used Fray Check to seal and imo this weakens the wefts and contributes to shedding. I have a piece of hair where I did not seal the weft and the shedding is much less in the section. This isn't particular to KCY, however if shedding is major and you sealed the wefts, this may be a factor.

sn: I have two bundles of the kinky straight hair I am considering selling (one 14" and one 16"). I have yet to wear the hair and the only reason I'm thinking of selling it is because it doesn't really match my texture. The kinky straight is a bit too silky albeit kinky. My sis has 4a hair and the KS works well for her. If you're interested, send me a note or watch the M2M board for it.

Edited by Chinyesoul - Apr 23 2014 at 12:24pm
Sponsored Links

shanikw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shanikw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:10pm
I purchased the light yaki texture last May. At first glance I really liked the texture and how thick it was. But idk after a while I wasn't feeling it. The amount of shedding and tangling I got shouldn't have occurred with that price I paid. 
palmgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palmgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 3:44pm
hi ladies, im a newbie returning back to the forum after a three year break. last time i was on here i was helping ladies buy their hair requirements because i sourced the suppliers myself as i was living in hong kong. so if you want some help pm and ill get you the information and quote you some prices. delivery is 5 days. All hair types and styles available
NoraBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoraBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:06pm
This is gorgeous, who is the vendor for this hair? 
NoraBoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoraBoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 5:07pm
g

Edited by NoraBoo - Apr 25 2014 at 5:07pm
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 9:52pm
hmmmm, feeling a little nervous...this hair is too expensive to take the gamble. But it seems like the closest one to what I am looking for. 

If this is true, I sure hope her customer service got better

Edited by Daymarme - Jul 14 2014 at 8:02am
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 8:01am
I think I'm gonna have a stroke...I feel like I been researching coarse yaki hair all weekend and I've gotten no where. I want some hair that can easily blend with my coarse natural hair and that I can braid in 5 or 6 braids at night and unravel it in the morning for a gorgeous braid out. And hair that can hold some pretty curls or flexi rods. A girl can wish right, lol. 

I never would have believed in a million years that the hair market would turn into such a gamble. I dont remember this much stress back when BSS hair was the only way to go. 

Edited by Daymarme - Jul 14 2014 at 8:03am
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 3:21pm
I mentioned in another thread that KCY is having a back to school sale on order over $200 you get 15% off...just sharing. :) I have been eyeing their coarse yaki for a while now!
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 7:33am
I took the plunge and ordered the Coarse Yaki during their Back to School sale...I'll come with updates when I install it. I'm still rocking my Aliexpress kinky curly, so it might be a while. 
lindygaga View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lindygaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:01pm
I like yaki and aliexpress both
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687>
  Share Topic