BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kinkycurlyyaki.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 87>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 9:05pm
WOW ^^^  Awful closure and Wefts . I change my mind about trying the hair a few days ago . Happy the owner was willing to give you a refund . Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 9:22pm
Wow
blackarosoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackarosoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by iyawo814 iyawo814 wrote:

Cute!
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by MissLDB MissLDB wrote:

Originally posted by MissLDB MissLDB wrote:

Those pictures sold me. I had coarse yaki hanging out in my shopping cart. I clicked on purchase after I saw the coarse yaki styled! Absolutely gorgeous!

Well, a week after ordering the hair, it came from Canada.  I ordered right before the Chinese New Year, initially she told me that they didn't have the hair I ordered in stock and that I could receive a refund or wait until the end of the month.  I REALLY wanted the hair for CIAA this weekend, so I asked what was available and what we could make work.  I ordered the 12" closure, 14" and 16" coarse yaki.  I received a 12" closure and 2-16" bundles.  I was appreciative that she didn't charge extra and I would receive my hair in time.

So I open the package and exam the closure first. Confused.  Initially I thought the short hair on the side was baby hair, but it was only on one side, in one spot, about 1 in long.  Most closures are 3" wide x 4" long, this one was 4" wide x 3" long  Confused.   I wasn't impressed at all with the closure.  I have closures from lanikshair.com, allaboutmyhair.com, texturesbybms.com, and californialacewigs.com.  Granted, texturesbybms was the only one that was a comparable size, I was not at all impressed with the closure.  There were also white spots on the back side of the closure.  The vendor stated she thought it was leave in conditioner that wasn't completely rinsed out, but it felt tacky to the touch when I received it.  I don't know what it was. 

I have purchased hair from a few different companies.  Kinky straight from faye's lace wigs and weaves (I think that was the name of it) and hairesthetic.com.  I know that this texture has to be processed to achieve this texture, I believe both of these were chemically processed.  I think KinkyCurlyYaki is said to steam their hair to achieve the texture.  There were a lot of short hairs in the bundles.  I knew from MissBossy's video that the ends weren't full, but I was not pleased with the amount of short hairs.  The wefts, in my opinion were bad.  I didn't unbundle the hair, because I was displeased the second I pulled it out of the packaging, but in some places, the hair looked to be double wefted, like the wefts could be split, and in other places, it looked like a single weft .  The ends of one of the wefts was unraveling. .  I don't mind sealing my wefts, but I don't like HAVING to seal my wefts.

I was excited about the hair, I really wanted something closer to kinky straight hair that was a little more manageable, but kinkycurlyyaki was not it for me.  I immediately emailed the vendor and expressed my displeasure.  She wanted to rectify the situation, so she offered to send me new hair in exchange, but I explained to her that the only impression of the hair I had was what I saw first hand and based on that, I would just count this as a bandwagon loss.  She was gracious enough to allow me to send the hair back, which I truly appreciated.  Needless to say, I won't be ordering again.  I wish I would have had the same experience as the success stories.

Just thought I would share my experience.
wow that really sucks. thats exactly what i ordered too......

mannn.....on friday im gonna inspect every single inch of my order.
redbaby3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbaby3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 9:08am
Oh damn,I ordered last week KC. I hope my wefts dont look like that,geez!!!

Edited by redbaby3 - Feb 27 2013 at 9:11am
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 10:44am

and also, why does your closure not have a PU STRIP? did you request that?

i thought all her closures were supposed to come with the strip..according to the site. sigh
MissLDB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissLDB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by linmars linmars wrote:

and also, why does your closure not have a PU STRIP? did you request that?

i thought all her closures were supposed to come with the strip..according to the site. sigh

From the website:

$120.50 - On Sale

DETAILS 

A lace closure provides the illusion of hair growing from your scalp. It allows you to finish your look without having to blend your hair with the wefts as it blends seamlessly with the rest of your hair.

stock lace closures have light density in the front to medium density towards the back

medium brown lace

available in all textures. afro kinky curly and kinky curly have PU strip around sides and back.

3.5" x 4"

SILK BASE CLOSURES are also available. Please add SILK CLOSURE ADD-ON to your cart.

CUSTOM SIZES ARE AVAILABLE. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICING. 2-3 WEEKS WAIT TIME.

I guess only the kinky curly have a PU strip.  I didn't make any special request for my order.

linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 11:05am
oh damn.....sry did not read it correctly.

now im mad cuz i thought i would be gettin the PU. bummer
l0v32bl0v3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l0v32bl0v3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 1:22am
A little scared now since I just ordered my AKC but still hopeful.
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:29am
YIKES
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style