Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

KinkyCurlyYaki (KCY) -- 24in + 20in AFRO KC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yolanda6ls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yolanda6ls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 2:21am
 I did not feel as though I was playing Russian Roulette. 
Sponsored Links

AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 2:59am
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

So it's been holding up pretty well? How's the maintenance?

It's been holding up particularly well! Is there shedding and tangling? Yes, but that's with any KC. It's not excessive. It's not matting, and I'm not leaving a trail of kinky curls to grandma's house! LOL And my wefts aren't balding!!! I actually cut my wefts (sound the alarms) and I'm still not shedding up a storm. I sealed my wefts with Dritz. The first time I installed, I didn't seal the 20 inch bundle, and I didn't have any major issues.

I'll give you my honest opinion on maintenance..it's subjectiveLOL I say that because to me KCs are low maintenance. I am a "fluff and go" kinda girl (if you can tell from my pics), ponytails, buns, etc. I don't comb or wet my hair daily. That's just crazy to me Confused. When I first started wearing KC extensions, I had the AAMH and I would co-wash it daily. That was a lot of maintenance, and I could see why people didn't want to put up with the hassle! However, I started taking the low maintenance route with my hair. I'll do twistouts, bantu knots, etc. styles that I know have longevity. Basically STRETCHED styles that didn't encourage tangling. Being that I don't like perfectly coiffed curls, it works for me. When I look too much like a lion, I pull it back in a bun or puff. So the maintenance is low for me. Straight hair gives me the blues...even my natural hair straighten is too much work for me. On a daily bases, my style time is under 10 minutes. I sleep with my hair in a ponytail and in the morning I take it down. Sometimes, I keep the ponytail up until it's time for me to wash my hair. 

AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 3:05am
I keep forgetting to respond to a question posted earlier if the wefts were splittable. Yes, they are splittable. But they are not thick wefts (think the AAMH wefts). I'm not an advocate of splitting (probably being I'm lazy LOL), but if you wanted to split them, you could.

Edited by AmandaKay - Mar 27 2013 at 12:49pm
misjaghuar View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 12:15am
HugClapClapClapClapClapClapClap HugClapClapClapClapClapClapClapHugClapClapClapClapClapClapClapHugClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Bravo....Bravo...very NICE.

I would like to see how much of your natural hair you left out. Esp. around your head. I saw the leaveout. Also If You don't mind I want to see how your wefts are laid in the front of your hair and how you got the nape to lay so flat.

Very beautiful install. great pics.
shez1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 8:35am
Me too i purchased the same lengths as Amanda Kay, cannot wait to install 💃
SoFrolushes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFrolushes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 3:19pm
oh my now I just dunno if I should get me some kc or akc hair. I want to have a leave out of my natural kinky curly hair.

Looks like I will need to figure out maintenance of this hair texture though.
SoFrolushes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFrolushes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 3:20pm
the hair that AK has is just looks gawjus 
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 10:24pm
I'm definitely not a "defined curls" type of chick. I'll be reinstalling the hair in May or June (yes, install number 3)! I'm debating if I want to order a 26 inch still.

Edited by AmandaKay - Apr 15 2013 at 10:27pm
Misha4202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misha4202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 10:30pm
Yes! That install is fire
desire-moi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desire-moi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 6:55pm
I love this!!! GawjussClap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic