Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

KinkyCurlyYaki (KCY) -- 24in + 20in AFRO KC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KinkyCurlyYaki (KCY) -- 24in + 20in AFRO KC
    Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:14am
DISCLAIMER 
EXCUSE THE QUALITY OF SOME OF THE PICTURES! MY ORIGINAL PHONE DECIDED TO TAKE A SWIM IN A CUP AND I CAN'T FIND MY CAMERA CHARGER!!

ORDERING AND SHIPPING
I originally ordered the Afro Kinky Curly ("AKC") the last week of December. I don't know the exact date. I received the hair on New Year's Eve. 

CUSTOMER SERVICE
The customer service was WONDERFUL! The owner of KinkyCurlyYaki ("KCY") answered my questions thoroughly and QUICKLY! It's also a breath of fresh air to have nice customer service after dealing with CVs and other AVs. The owner is actually knowledgeable about extensions and SPECIFICALLY kinky textures. The owner was even gracious enough to send me a few pictures because I was back and forth about KC and AKC. The customer service made the ordering.... SIMPATICO. I did not feel as though I was playing Russian Roulette. 

HAIR & MISCELLANEOUS INFO 

SPECS
Vendor: KinkyCurlyYaki (KCY)
Hair Type: Afro Kinky Curly
Lengths: 24 inch and 20 inch
Ounces: Each bundle was 3.5 ounces
Number of bundles ordered: 3
Number of bundles used: 2.2-2.3

THE HAIR LOOKS JUST LIKE THE PICTURES! The owner did not withhold the good hair for the pictures and then sent out crap. ALSO, being that it's a new company, I don't see all the "YT Gurus" reviewing the hair. In fact, I haven't seen too many YT reviews on the hair which actually is VERY nice for "me". That also made me feel a little at ease that the owner was not shelling out hair to every "YT Guru" for reviews. It's a new company yes, but with the experimenting I've done with CVs, I felt okay. I'm not a novice to KC or AKC. So between the customer service and receiving the hair itself, I've found my vendor. 

The AKC is a hybrid of AAMH and RHO (to me). I LOVEDDDDDD my RHO AKC. My only problem with the RHO was the LACK OF VOLUME. The AAMH KC was okay, but I had a FEW problems with it. For one, the wefts were too thick and I personally don't like splitting wefts. Secondly, the texture was too silky. I like TRUE kinks. That's why the RHO was heaven. But to combine the volume of the AAMH to the texture and pattern of the RHO was my DREAM hair. 

I have only had the hair installed for roughly two weeks, but THUS FAR..I LOVE IT! 

Shedding and tangling fare expected with any KC and AKC; however, there are no EXCESSIVE shedding and tangling issues. In fact, the most prone tangling style with any  kinky/curly texture (real or extensions) is a wash and go style. I wore the wash and go the first week of installation to tell the tangling of the hair, and I had MINIMAL.  

This minimal tangling let me know the hair is NOT over processed. The over processed crap I have received from some CVs should be outlawed. I am not afraid to color the hair. 

Thus fair, I have only done wash and goes, low ponytails and buns, and twistouts. I will take more pictures of the hair as I wear it and post updates.

PRE-P.O.R.N. PICTURES

Here is a comparison of the KCY to an order from Jeffrey

P.O.R.N. PICTURES
[

MORE PICTURES ON THE WAY
WHEN I DO DIFFERENT STYLES...LOL 
(ESPECIALLY THE PONYTAIL STYLE EVERYBODY LIKES NOWADAYS

Edited by AmandaKay - Feb 02 2013 at 11:32am
Sponsored Links

LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:32am
Most excellent! Clap
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 1:46am
I love it.

I see that you mentioned that you don't like to split wefts but can they be split?
laredbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laredbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:23am
your hair looks soooo nice!

& i loved that you included soo many pictures. Good Job. 
blackarosoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackarosoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:38am
I love it
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:47am
very very nice!!! i feel like i've seen hair that looks like this from a cv before though.
Tokyocereza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tokyocereza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:07am
Very pretty and you're wearing it well! I have been keeping my eye on this hair as I really don't feel like rolling the dice with a CV when it comes to getting some good kinky curly.  

May I ask how tall you are? It falls at a nice length. These pics will have me dreaming about when some of that KC comes my way. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:13am
Okay, that's it.  I'm putting an order in next month.

The skeptic in me has been silenced by those luscious curls!
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:16am
Love it! I like the shorter version - it looks just like your natural hair!!!!
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 6:49am
Love love love

Looks like a match for 4a hair
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair