Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Kinky straight confusion.

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky straight confusion.
    Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 9:37pm
I want some kinky straight for my next install, but I'm kinda confused.
I want big Chaka khan, blown out hair. I don't mind crimps in the hair, I think that's pretty. But I'm confused if a coarse Yaki, kinky straight, or Italian Yaki would do that. I see the ladies upstairs talking about it and I'm all confused.
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 9:38pm
Kinky straight is wild hair (poofy). Italian yaki and coarse yaki (same thing) will give a more tamed look (less poofy).
BxFinestcocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BxFinestcocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

I want big Chaka khan, blown out hair. I don't mind crimps in the hair, I think that's pretty. But I'm confused if a coarse Yaki, kinky straight, or Italian Yaki would do that. I see the ladies upstairs talking about it and I'm all confused.

I learned this the hard way I actually ordered some hair in the description it had kinky coarse kinky yaki hair.  I wanted what was pictured, but got more of a straight texture. I side eyed the person who sold it and had a conversation that lasted about an hour to understand why I didn't get what was pictured.  I reordered again (I am waiting).

Here is the difference. What you are looking for is Coarse Yaki which is done on Malaysian Hair to give you that big Chaka Khan hair w/ the crimps. Italian Yaki is processed the same just not as long as the Coarse Yaki and has lil to no crimps. Kinky Straight is processed on indian hair w/ a silky texture, but not so much shine and no crimps (pretty much a very good flat iron). I hope this helps yo understand more. I received Kinky Straight hair which is pretty much does not go really well with leave out on my natural hair. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 6:59am
Originally posted by BxFinestcocoa BxFinestcocoa wrote:

Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

I learned this the hard way I actually ordered some hair in the description it had kinky coarse kinky yaki hair.  I wanted what was pictured, but got more of a straight texture. I side eyed the person who sold it and had a conversation that lasted about an hour to understand why I didn't get what was pictured.  I reordered again (I am waiting).

Here is the difference. What you are looking for is Coarse Yaki which is done on Malaysian Hair to give you that big Chaka Khan hair w/ the crimps. Italian Yaki is processed the same just not as long as the Coarse Yaki and has lil to no crimps. Kinky Straight is processed on indian hair w/ a silky texture, but not so much shine and no crimps (pretty much a very good flat iron). I hope this helps yo understand more. I received Kinky Straight hair which is pretty much does not go really well with leave out on my natural hair. 

This right here. My coarse yaki has absolutely no crimps at all. If feels like a stronger yaki texture not as soft a yaki, but the same look through the eye. It typically holds a curl a lot longer.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 8:55am
Thanks ladies for the help.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style