BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Kinky Straigh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky Straigh
    Posted: May 08 2014 at 8:28am
So, I'm thinking of changing textures to kinky straight.  I need to know ladies, how hard is it to manage this hair?  I don't wear my hair out at work (too many people want to touch my hair and that is NOT an option), but when I'm out, I do.  Am I going to have a fight every time the wind blows?

I had another question about family plans for cell phone service, but that's for another group...LOL

THANKS!!!!Smile

Edited by KittenWhip - May 08 2014 at 8:53am
Sponsored Links

Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 12:56pm
Depending on which origin you pick the hair can get pretty big (ie; Indian & Malaysian - I think) with humidity. I used to wear KS normally but only in "Chizilian" so it never really got too big or unmanageable. I'd say it's fairly close to blown out natural hair (or in my case, easier to handle. lol) At the very least, if it does become a pain you could always flat iron or relax it but honestly, as long as I kept it moisturized and had some argan or jojoba oil in it, it was no problem at all.
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 10:38pm
Thanks.  I was debating as to whether I should change my texture only because while I have some leave out in the back, it doesn't always match my own hair texture.  At a holiday party in December, a woman made mention of the different textures while touching my hair.  I think she's still trying to figure out how she lost her hand.LOL
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:05am
I am wearing kinky straight right now and its great. I only worry when its raining or humid outside..my hair tends to get very puffy. But I guess it has to do with the fact that its a Malaysian Kinky straight unit 
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

I am wearing kinky straight right now and its great. I only worry when its raining or humid outside..my hair tends to get very puffy. But I guess it has to do with the fact that its a Malaysian Kinky straight unit 

So the malaysian kinky steaight poofs up more???
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 6:52am
Both Indian and Malaysian origins have a tendency to puff up in humidity. If you want to have much less trouble with poofing you might want to go with Chinese, Brazilian, Filipino and the like. Just be mindful that with the straighter virgin textures you may lose the natural ability to hold curls.

Edited by Kocoa - May 12 2014 at 2:10pm
Asia35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asia35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:29am
I wear Kinky straight. I really like Chinese KS but I do own a Indian Ks as well.  I roller set my hair or use the flexrods to keep my curls.
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 12:26pm
could y'all post pics if you have them. I'm always tempted to do KS, but have the same fears.
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 6:03pm
hi..question for you....what is the texture you are wearing now...if it is light yaki or yaki then kinky straight could be the next step as it wouldn't be such a drastic change in texture...I use to love straight but now wear light yaki and water wave...and believe me I was a die hard straight wearer...but the light yaki and water wave get more people saying I love your hair vs is that a wig..so if you change textures don't change suddenly but gradually.......and from what I have read on the boards kinky straight is high maintenance as it is hair (indian or Chinese) that has been essentially damaged to get that texture

Edited by pg12345 - May 12 2014 at 6:04pm
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by carrie carrie wrote:

could y'all post pics if you have them. I'm always tempted to do KS, but have the same fears.

Photo is loading

Photo is loading

Here are my pictures of the kinky straight hair I wearing right now

Edited by starliteboo - May 14 2014 at 6:07pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair